• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

an affordable alternative to Lanvin

joshd

Reaction score
Help! I saw a jacket by Lanvin at Fred Segal that I really liked. Unfortunately the price was insane (over $2600). Where should I look for something similar, but affordable?

I don't have a picture. I'll describe the jacket. It was medium gray wool, two button, darted and had high armholes. Generally it was a slim. The body was fairly short but the arms were a normal length and the buttons were at a normal height. It was like the bottom was cropped an inch or two. It was sold separate but it had matching pants that were cut slim also.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search on Lanvin runway shows, and see if the short look is something you want ...
I think style.com used to have them, from what other forumites have posted.

But what exactly where you taken by? slim figure or tailoring? Tailoring usually goes with price ...

joshd

Reaction score
I found a picture from one of the runway shows of a jacket close to what I was looking at. http://frillr.com/LanvinHighQualityS...20(72)_jpg.jpg Although it was gray and the buttons might have been a bit lower. I like how the body is shorter than the sleeves, how it splays out a bit at the bottom, and the overall close fit of the jacket body.

joshd

Reaction score
Budget...it depends. I'd love to pay <$300. I don't travel in circles where I'm embarrassed to wear something mass produced. Around $600 would be fine though. And I might convince myself to spend up to $1200 if the quality was there.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call it affordable, but if you are persistent and check on Yoox, you might be able to find some Costume National fairly reasonably priced on discount. They've been doing the "short blazers" for several seasons now. Fabrics and fit probably won't be nearly as good as the Lanvin, but it won't be terrible and might have an interesting cut.

It's worth a look, anyway...

v0rtex

Reaction score
Lanvin is heavily influenced by the Dior Homme slim fit (think DH also introduced the cropped blazer, and I think Lanvin is co-designed by an ex-DH guy).

Zara and H&M are also heavily influenced by DH, just at a much lower price point. I'd check those two.

Also, there were a number of sellers on eBay doing slim, cropped blazers a while back "in the style of" DH, Lanvin, etc. Not fakes, but definitely based on DH designs.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could find something like that at Matinique. I stopped shopping there a while back because they dropped their classic suit cut and everything went very short and Thom Browne esque.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40