• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amount of Milk One Should Consume

Acephale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DashingMale
1 gallon per week is just fine...that's a little more than a pint per day.

Thank you for the conversion for us foreign folk.

That is about what I drink a week too. 2 largish glasses a day and an occasional strawberry McShake (I know but melike...)

hedgehog

Reaction score
About 2-4 liters. I have an on and off chocolate milk-addiction, so the amount I consume varies with that.

Newo

Reaction score
After going on the GOMAD diet I found that a Gallon a day was too much. I could drink it fine, I could stomach it fine, but too much dairy causes horrible constipation.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Humans are the only species that drinks the milk of a different species.

I despise this argument

jordanfsu

Reaction score
I drink soy and almond milk exclusively. Partially bc I'm lactose intolerant, but moreso because drinking regular milk seems weird (and doesn't taste like oh-so-delicious vanilla.)

dshack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DashingMale
1 gallon per week is just fine...that's a little more than a pint per day. Best if it is skim. You need the calcium if you are not eating much of other dairy products and you are cutting back on carbs.

Skim's actually worse if you're cutting carbs, because of all the sugar. I drink a cup or two of heavy cream a day- tasty.

I find these "How much of X should one drink in a day?" threads kind of funny. Are we actually expecting a numerical answer?

Newo

Reaction score
I guess just beware of the amount of Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) you may be consuming. Just like anything else, moderation is key.

http://www.ejnet.org/bgh/nogood.html

The pus in the milk is the thing I find most disgusting. I stay away from dairy products. But I'm lactose intolerant, so don't follow my lead. Soy milk anyone?

Filtered milk is a must. In Canada milk has to be filtered of these hormones, but the same does not apply to the U.S. (As far as I know)

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do about 500 - 700ml a day. That being said I'm a smallish guy.

gram thorpe

Reaction score
I have a passion for milk , i consume more than 5 big glasses of t every day , that is almost equal to 3 litres a day.
how z that? any suggestion?
fight[1].gif

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
40% of adults are lactose intolerant to some degree. Another significant percentage are allergic to cow's milk. I'm in that latter group, and can't go near the stuff without winding up with puffy skin, horrible digestive problems and breakouts that resemble acne.

Also, studies have shown a 40x increased risk for leukemia in children who consume cow's milk. This is likely due to the fact that 90% of cow herds in the U.S. are infected with bovine leukemia virus. This virus has also been linked to breast cancer in humans.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humans are the only species that drinks the milk of a different species.

please go die.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads