Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AMI Alexandre Mattiussi Fit?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rockofeller, Aug 14, 2012.

1. rockofeller

rockofeller Senior member

Anyone own this designer's stuff? I love the looks but can't find measurements. I am looking at some chino's in a size "Large". What does that mean? The leg opening for a medium is apparently 13"...which sounds really skinny. Anyone have this stuff or tried it on? I'm a 34 waist and a 40 chest.

2. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

I personally only have a shirt, which decent--especially considering Mr. Porter's sale price. But based off that and the measurements on Mr. Porter it's all relatively slim but still TTS. Large usually equates to a 50, which is usually a 34-35" waist. The leg opening doesn't necessarily tell you how tight the rest of the shaft is, and from the couple pairs of chinos I've seen they're not cut super skinny.

3. rockofeller

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm on a diet right now and should end up losing another inch from my waist (down to ~33) - but I have big thighs (thank you squats + genetics). So I'm thinking maybe a large in the chinos and then tailoring the waist an inch? Or am I being dumb.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

4. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Does the place offer returns? You might be better off getting something that fits you up top and then tapering the lower legs.

5. rockofeller

It's easier to narrow the legs than make the waist smaller by an inch?

6. Lollie

Lollie Senior member

Bumping this old thread. Wondering if anyone owned any of his stuff and could comment on the quality (topcoats, shirts, denim jackets).

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Re-Bumping this old thread. Wondering if anyone owned any of his stuff and could comment on the quality (topcoats, shirts, denim jackets).