• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMERICAN TRENCH - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jah786 sent an email to customer service but no reply. Interested in your bucket hats—what’s the largest head/hat size that would comfortably fit? Thanks!

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I could see price being an issue. It would be fun to see some wild print jacket but would anyone buy it? You could always do a styleforum preorder project like SEH Kelly has done if you designed a fabric you liked.

that's a great idea, except we can't sample the fabric. it's a bit all or nothing. it was honestly one of the coolest f---ing factory visits i have ever had but I struggle with how to properly make use of it. It's small brand suicide to pursue an expensive passion project because you went on a cool factory tour. make two or three of those mistakes and suddenly you have a cash crunch that you may or may not escape.
@jah786 sent an email to customer service but no reply. Interested in your bucket hats—what’s the largest head/hat size that would comfortably fit? Thanks!

they can fit pretty big, 7 3/4 to 8. also fully returnable.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What does it smell like in here?

that's actually a really interesting question. A lot of hosiery and weaving mills smell kinda stale and of machine oil and maybe a little mildew. This place had no particular scent. It was also immaculately clean. It was one of the cleanest factories i've ever been in.

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lots of shorts to choose from this Summer. Big hitters: Classic Mesh Shorts (D) / Two-Way Swim Shorts (C) / Cotton Linen Shorts (B)
shorts-collage-1.jpg

In order of appearance...

A1: 100% Cotton Floral Shorts. Fabric imported from Japan. C & S in LA. Super cozy - easy way to spice up a summer tee shirt fit.

B1-B5: Cotton Linen Shorts. Mauve/Citron/Olive/Navy/Bone. 55% Linen, 45% Cotton. Fabric imported from Japan. C & S in LA. Always a favorite. Bone & Olive are popular pieces so far.

C1 & C2: Two-Way Swim Shorts. Made from Schoeller Textil, the Swiss textile manufacturer that makes some of the finest performance fabrics in the world. The four-way stretch fabric used in these shorts is the cream of the crop. No mesh lining = comfy from pool to porch.

shorts-collage2.jpg

D1-D5: Original Equipment Classic Heavy Mesh Shorts. Red/Navy/Vegas Gold (Sold Out - but making more)/Texas Orange (it's listed as Rust, but Texas Orange sounds so much cooler in hindsight) (blame the copywriter)(oh wait that's me)/Royal. C & S in Philadelphia. Gym/Happy Hour/Chill at home... we dare you to wear these in as many settings as possible.

E1-E4: Original Equipment Original Heavy Mesh Shorts. Gold/Purple/Victory Blue/Maroon. These feature a thick nylon striping with split hems. Retro to say the least.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jacob!

I just want to quickly mention two things......

1) Jacob and I recorded a podcast interview earlier this week. It's the first episode of the new "Styleforum Sessions" podcasts, which will feature the affiliate vendors here. You can hear all about the origin of American Trench, their highs and lows, and their future plans. This podcast is a new concept overall, so we'll be keen to hear what you think.

2) Their socks are the truth. I've personally owned and worn a ton of them. They really do hit a sweet spot of quality, looks, and value. And their new Retro Stripe socks in this rad colorway are possibly my favorite of all time...

Pink Sock Overhead.jpg

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jacob!

I just want to quickly mention two things......

1) Jacob and I recorded a podcast interview earlier this week. It's the first episode of the new "Styleforum Sessions" podcasts, which will feature the affiliate vendors here. You can hear all about the origin of American Trench, their highs and lows, and their future plans. This podcast is a new concept overall, so we'll be keen to hear what you think.

2) Their socks are the truth. I've personally owned and worn a ton of them. They really do hit a sweet spot of quality, looks, and value. And their new Retro Stripe socks in this rad colorway are possibly my favorite of all time...

View attachment 1791079

Thank you for the shout out, Eva @Epaulet
pink / navy retro socks looking great.

there's a good story about those socks from our podcast. when i went to visit the sock factory in 2014, i pulled a version of those socks out of a old box in the back of the factory, looked at them, and then put them back in the box. Four years later i went back to the factory, pulled the same socks out of the same box and said to the owner, "let's make these now."

they are now our best selling style.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the shout out, Eva @Epaulet
pink / navy retro socks looking great.

there's a good story about those socks from our podcast. when i went to visit the sock factory in 2014, i pulled a version of those socks out of a old box in the back of the factory, looked at them, and then put them back in the box. Four years later i went back to the factory, pulled the same socks out of the same box and said to the owner, "let's make these now."

they are now our best selling style.

You know that I never, ever, ever call up and ask you to play something, right?

jms

Reaction score
I feel like this affiliate thread has been such a long time in coming that either it was an intentional decision not to have one, or you were waiting to time it with some insane new release 😄

Of course it could be neither! But whatever the case, happy to finally see this and add to my list of follows along with the other OGs like Epaulet and LuxeSwap.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I feel like this affiliate thread has been such a long time in coming that either it was an intentional decision not to have one, or you were waiting to time it with some insane new release 😄

Of course it could be neither! But whatever the case, happy to finally see this and add to my list of follows along with the other OGs like Epaulet and LuxeSwap.

Thanks so much for the follow, so glad to be warmly embraced by the SF community. It has been a long time coming! I'm not sure why it took so long but there are two things that changed in the past year
1) In the past I felt like our product line wasn't built out enough to justify a thread (which may or may not have been true), we had a lot of socks and winter accessories and some outerwear and not much else. We didn't have much to offer in the spring summer months. I don't feel that way anymore. We have a lot offer! In the past year we have really built out the line. All the products below were launched sometime in the past 12 months (these are all spring summer items, the wool fleece was a standout winter item for example)
linen blend shorts / mesh shorts / underwear / linen blend tees / Interlock tees / shaker knit cardigan

2) In the past, I didn't have the bandwidth to manage a thread properly and i didn't want to maintain it poorly. But now i have @A.T. Hamlin on my team, helping answer questions and post cool ****!

I deliberately kept Trench under the radar in posts on other threads, I just felt it wasn't appropriate to be self-promotional if I didn't have an affiliate thread. I really enjoy the discussions of the fashion industry thread as a place to read and discuss things happening in fashion at large (commercial, environmental, advertising, regulation, etc) and i didn't want to taint the experience.

Verve

Reaction score
I subscribed to this cool thread. I may purchase the linen shorts if it came in XXL (or if I lose a ton of weight to fit the XL… but likely gonna wait for XXL). The wool fleece jacket looks nice too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the follow, so glad to be warmly embraced by the SF community. It has been a long time coming! I'm not sure why it took so long but there are two things that changed in the past year
1) In the past I felt like our product line wasn't built out enough to justify a thread (which may or may not have been true), we had a lot of socks and winter accessories and some outerwear and not much else. We didn't have much to offer in the spring summer months. I don't feel that way anymore. We have a lot offer! In the past year we have really built out the line. All the products below were launched sometime in the past 12 months (these are all spring summer items, the wool fleece was a standout winter item for example)
linen blend shorts / mesh shorts / underwear / linen blend tees / Interlock tees / shaker knit cardigan

2) In the past, I didn't have the bandwidth to manage a thread properly and i didn't want to maintain it poorly. But now i have @A.T. Hamlin on my team, helping answer questions and post cool ****!

I deliberately kept Trench under the radar in posts on other threads, I just felt it wasn't appropriate to be self-promotional if I didn't have an affiliate thread. I really enjoy the discussions of the fashion industry thread as a place to read and discuss things happening in fashion at large (commercial, environmental, advertising, regulation, etc) and i didn't want to taint the experience.
I met Jacob at one of our earliest NYC trunk shows back in 2013, iirc. We were in a big loft with a nice balcony overlooking the Empire State Building. I was going to buy a blue derby from him for my wife, but another fan sniped it, and I had to order one for later delivery.

I only learned from listening to the raw tracks of the podcast, which @Epaulet is hosting, that Jacob is a mathematician. My wife is also a mathematician, so that was a revelation of a shocking betrayal.

Anyway, you’ll all get a chance to hear Jacob and Eva talk soon. Both stellar people with excellent brands.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the cashmere blend Fair Isle socks you did. have them in every pattern offered and they are my winter go to sock of choice

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I subscribed to this cool thread. I may purchase the linen shorts if it came in XXL (or if I lose a ton of weight to fit the XL… but likely gonna wait for XXL). The wool fleece jacket looks nice too.

we have XXL in some sizes and not others. XXL is a size we want to support but it has been hit or miss, so thanks for feedback. Every time i get communication from XXL customers it helps push me to include that size in future productions. We made the XXL in the wool fleece because it is a super special and we didnt want bigger guys to miss out.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I met Jacob at one of our earliest NYC trunk shows back in 2013, iirc. We were in a big loft with a nice balcony overlooking the Empire State Building. I was going to buy a blue derby from him for my wife, but another fan sniped it, and I had to order one for later delivery.

I only learned from listening to the raw tracks of the podcast, which @Epaulet is hosting, that Jacob is a mathematician. My wife is also a mathematician, so that was a revelation of a shocking betrayal.

Anyway, you’ll all get a chance to hear Jacob and Eva talk soon. Both stellar people with excellent brands.

LOL, I'm a diet mathematician, bachelors only, i think you wife has a PhD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics