• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Eagle steals your style, time to move on.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no they're makin ugly copies of shoes that are pretty ugly to begin with. I will no longer be a unique snowflake!!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
can't believe I just did this, but ordered the oxfords and wingtips with a 15% off coupon. Free shipping and free return shipping, so I will probably just return them after seeing how ****** they are IRL. Hoping they will turn out to be ok rainy day beaters though.

I used to kinda have this attitude with regard to beater shoes, but most cheap oxfords are so uncomfortable as to be unwearable due to the crummy materials and construction.

acg2010

Reaction score
Bought the wingtips as beaters. The weather here in Western Mass gets pretty nasty so shoes get beat up during winter. Figure this is a good way to get a pair of shoes that can get beat up and not have to worry about how much they cost.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
can't believe I just did this, but ordered the oxfords and wingtips with a 15% off coupon. Free shipping and free return shipping, so I will probably just return them after seeing how ****** they are IRL. Hoping they will turn out to be ok rainy day beaters though.

let us know how they are when u get them

a-rock

Reaction score
The website says the wingtips and the classic oxford have wood soles?

EdenResident

Reaction score
I bought the Oxfords and put on about 10 coats on brown polish. They look incredible for a $50 pair of shoes. I'll probably buy the wingtips, too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I haven't been back to America for awhile, do people still wear flip flops as A/W wear? (I'm guessing yes and hoping to hear 'no')

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Mostly brohoffs. Girls usually go with the Uggs now, but I do see flats a lot. I'm okay with flats.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I haven't been back to America for awhile, do people still wear flip flops as A/W wear? (I'm guessing yes and hoping to hear 'no')
Oh yea. Especially in the south where it rarely gets colder than 30. Even when it does people will be in flip flops or maybe sub for cross trainers. I remember last year in florida winter people were rocking flip flops, frat tees, and cargo shorts in 40degree weather like a badge of honor. Then again, i like lulzing at the wannabe fashionista guy/girls in florida who go to scarves, uggs, heavy ass jackets and what not as soon as it dips into the 50s.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
To be fair to American Eagle, with the exception of the blatant red wing knockoffs this stuff isn't much different than what they've been doing for the last 5-8 years. They've always done plaids, khakis, casual button ups (oxford or similar materials), shades of brown leather/suede shoes, militaryish things and all that stuff mixed with a bit of teenage beach vibe. Doesn't really seem that shocking nor does it seem like a threat to some SF people. There are red wing knockoffs all over the place in asia from like hong kong knockoff brands too. Seen a bunch of desert boot chukka styles from various people too

GahDuma

Reaction score
WOW those casual wingtips look amazing. I might just pick those up unless someone can reccommend a different brand...

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GahDuma
WOW those casual wingtips look amazing. I might just pick those up unless someone can reccommend a different brand...

Actually, the shoes will look a lot shittier in real life. They won't be anywhere near as good as they look in the pics. However, give them a couple good polishes and I'll challenge anyone to find a better looking pair of shoes for $50. I already bought the Oxfords and I'll buy another pair and dye them burgundy.

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
This thread is full of nerd rage coming from people who think spending the majority of their paychecks on designer **** somehow makes them better than the masses.

If you're getting upset along these lines

Then chances are you are an enormous douchenozzle.

^This.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Flip flops with shearling. The end of America.
36274698.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads