• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Eagle steals your style, time to move on.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by everybodynobody
I've walked by American Eagles stores before, but never gone in. With the teenage crowd shopping there and pumping house music I assumed it wasn't for me. I'll have to give them another look. .
this is actually wrong i like their selection of music a lot and another p.s. their XS oxfords fit me pretty well. i just have to get it shortened ( i think the p2p is 18"). Also there is a pocket with the logo so you just use a seam ripper to take that isht off. this is one of ae's shirts. Got it on sale for $15 and use them as beaters, hence why I wore it camping
dsc00657vjx.jpg
I'm not trying to defend AE, but from my experience they are trying to gravitate towards a look that isn't bad. There are still eagles on a lot of things. I'm not sure on the shoe quality but the boat shoe chukkas don't loook bad and at 40% off (my friend's a manager) i might grab em

everybodynobody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
That's just the nature of the crepe sole. The AE soles aren't going to be any easier to clean. Also: Who the hell "cleans" the soles of their shoes?
Maybe I misunderstood the product description, but it appeared to me that the AE Desert/****** boots had soles made from some kind of synthetic rubber. This material doesn't generally get dirt and rocks and grease embedded in it the way the crepe soles do. I own crepe-soled shoes so I'm aware of their "nature."
Also: Who the hell "cleans" the soles of their shoes?
I will clean my shoes if I wear them in rain or have to walk through the mud with them on. I don't feel comfortable walking around with muddy, filthy shoes on my feet. I think its rude to leave dirty footprints all over somebody's floor. Plus, the police could use the footprints as evidence against me and I don't want to do time for my sexually deviant acts conducted while wearing desert boots. I'm guess I'm just weird like that.

everybodynobody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
this is actually wrong i like their selection of music a lot
Maybe I'm confusing them with Hollister, Aero, A&F, etc. then. I get all these stores mixed up.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by everybodynobody
Maybe I'm confusing them with Hollister, Aero, A&F, etc. then. I get all these stores mixed up.

I acutally hate all of them. Hollister and A&F spray their ******* cologne in the hallways outside the store every day and it smells like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiet. And hollister uses dim lighting so you can't see how ugly the workers/clothes are.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
The suede driving mocs look good...

until I saw the view from the back with a stenciled eagle on them

Bsides

Reaction score
I actually bought a pair of the boat shoes for like 14 dollars maybe a year ago. They are not quite as nice as my sperry's, but really theres not much difference. THey have had stuff like boat shoes for a while. Thats some old school southern frat boy gear that SF appropriated, not the other way around LOL!!!

Bsides

Reaction score
I would actually love to cop some of these cheap shoes, but do the shapes look extremely nasty to anyone else?

inq89

Reaction score
As much as it's fun to rip on AE, we have to admit that "dressing better" has finally leaked its way down to the pop mainstream...at least in shoes anyway. Oxfords, bucks, desert boots, and boat shoes (minus the clogs) are way better than five years ago when they had much uglier stuff.

Penny loafers are next. Just watch.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
and another p.s. their XS oxfords fit me pretty well. i just have to get it shortened ( i think the p2p is 18"). Also there is a pocket with the logo so you just use a seam ripper to take that isht off.

Mine measured out to like 20, almost 21...

v3l

Reaction score
LOLed at that boot tuck.

I actually find myself liking a lot of the stuff that American Eagle has been putting out lately. They've gone from ripping everything A&F & Hollister to ripping stuff that actually looks quite good.

Too bad about those damn eagle logos though. If it weren't for those I'm sure I'd actually own something from there.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
hahaha exactly. that's how these shoes will be worn by the people who shop at ae. they really work well with the rest of their wardrobe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads