• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Apparel: Zero Tolerance/No Return Policy

adamm411

Reaction score
Heads up: American Apparel has a NO RETURN policy on any and all purchases effective immediately. I think there MAY be some leeway if the items are clearly defective, although this is at the store's/manager's discretion. Be absolutely certain you want something, you will not get a refund under any circumstances. There may be a possibility of an exchange, although given their very strict policy, I am not sure if they would honor that either.

I thought I would try to support American manufacturing but with a policy like this, I think I almost prefer sweatshop labor. I have no idea whether the recent sale of American Apparel is the reason or not. Apparently, AA is trying to maximize their bottom line at all costs, regardless of how the customer is treated.

Adamm

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamm411
Heads up: American Apparel has a NO RETURN policy on any and all purchases effective immediately. I think there MAY be some leeway if the items are clearly defective, although this is at the store's/manager's discretion. Be absolutely certain you want something, you will not get a refund under any circumstances. There may be a possibility of an exchange, although given their very strict policy, I am not sure if they would honor that either. I thought I would try to support American manufacturing but with a policy like this, I think I almost prefer sweatshop labor. I have no idea whether the recent sale of American Apparel is the reason or not. Apparently, AA is trying to maximize their bottom line at all costs, regardless of how the customer is treated. Adamm
Given the target market suggested by their advertising, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been getting reamed: "Oh snap -- I'm sorry, I dropped a ciggy on it, and it, like burned a hole right through it! That's really fucked up. But c'mon dude, you really need to gimme my money back, man... Righteous, man -- excellento. Woo-HOO! BUY AMERICAN!"
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather interesting photography on that site.
laugh.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Where did you hear this from? Surely the online FAQ would have been updated.

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Rather interesting photography on that site.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they won a softcore Appreciation award for their advertising photos.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
omg pr0n. tehy should b b&.

On a more serious note though, I hope this isn't true. I had some problems with loose threads and such (it happens) when I got their Tri-Blend Track Tee a while back and had to exchange it. It has, however, become one of my favourite tees as well as a great undershirt. I sized up to get a looser fit more appropriate to well, working out as the name implies. As a result it's long enough for tucking.

adamm411

Reaction score
And if they happen to let you return an item from an online purchase, expect a two to three week wait AFTER they receive your return for a credit. They have a 2-3 week backlog in processing returns after they receive them. Another reason to just say no.

Adamm

gerz85

Reaction score
i just bought a shirt there today and here is what the return policy on the receipt says:

"No refunds. Exchange or store credit within 30 days of purchase with valid receipt. Exchanges and returns must take place in original country of purchase. Please note that garments must be tagged and unwashed, unworn, or defective condition. All lingerie and swimsuits are final sale."

adamm411

Reaction score
Their former owner (now a member of the board?) was constantly in hot water legally. He was accused of conducting interviews with his pants off! (apparently he was holding these meetings in his skivvies only).

Anyway, they've got some good t shirts, just make certain you try on the item in the store. If you are fortunate enough to be allowed to return an item from an online purchase, you are looking at a very long wait for a credit.

Adamm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics