• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Apparel going out of business?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a return and didn't get a refund so they must be in pretty deep.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woody Allen got 5 million from them for using his image on a billboard? ****

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
good luck finding ones the exact same size.
sarcasm.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might get flamed for this. I used to buy American Apparel tees, but the quality is horrible in the sense that the tees change shape dramatically after the first wash and dry. I expect better qualities for the price they are charging for basic tees.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Which tees?

Was considering trying out their viscose tees since I've heard good things about them. Might wait for a clearance or something..

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh noooooooo. where else can one get solid colored tshirts?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience with quality has been this: one 2001 tee ripped just after wearing it to sleep one night. I hate 2001 anyways - the collar loses it's shape too easily.

Every other shirt is perfect. I've put my tri-blends and 50/50s through hundreds of heavy workouts at the gym, aggressive washing machines, and dryers and nothing: no fraying, tearing, unravelling - nothing, still going strong after years.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
My experience with quality has been this: one 2001 tee ripped just after wearing it to sleep one night. I hate 2001 anyways - the collar loses it's shape too easily. Every other shirt is perfect. I've put my tri-blends and 50/50s through hundreds of heavy workouts at the gym, aggressive washing machines, and dryers and nothing: no fraying, tearing, unravelling - nothing, still going strong after years.
1000000% agree. Wearing a tri blend right now.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
^Which tees?

Was considering trying out their viscose tees since I've heard good things about them. Might wait for a clearance or something..

I have heard good stories regarding to the viscose versions. I don't know the models numbers, because I usually just went in and grabbed what I wanted at the moment. The solid colored versions are a bit better quality wise compared to the v-necks/tanks that I have bought in the past.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
This is too bad. Where else can you get US-made basics at a low price point?

I have an AA tee from 2003 and it's basically like new still. Really high quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads