• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Apparel Fit!

mistawho

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 5'7 about 160 pounds. I lift weights fairly slim and buff.

I recently bought American Apparel T Shirts. I'm just wondering if i bought the right size.... I bought size medium.. you guys think i did okay? Hopefully they fit perfectly!

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6 feet 165 lbs and I'm a small to medium. You probably want a small.

mistawho

Reaction score
Crap! i already bought medium sizes!!! you guys think they will LOOK to big on me?? maybe if i wash it a couple times it would shrink?? ohh noo.

I mean, i usually wear banana republic fitted tee shirts size MEDIUM and they fit fine. I was looking at the measurements and they looked similar. Gosh, Hopefully they FIT okay atleast...

jookz

Reaction score
I'm 6'2" 155 or so and Medium fits me fine. I have pretty broad shoulders but a slim waistline. The length is great, falls right where it should. If anything, they might run a little long on you, but I'd say the rest of the fit would be okay.

mistawho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jookz
I'm 6'2" 155 or so and Medium fits me fine. I have pretty broad shoulders but a slim waistline. The length is great, falls right where it should. If anything, they might run a little long on you, but I'd say the rest of the fit would be okay.

Where does the shirt fall? right at the waist/belt area? i hope its not too long for me.....

Brinbro

Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it bro, you have almost the exact measurements as me and the medium fits me well and snug. We'll see though - if anything they might be a little long but that can be fixed in several ways.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to add that I wear my tees like a second layer of skin. Might not be the look you wanted.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you are "buff" you should not wear tight shirts. It will look like you're trying to show off. Medium is fine. I'm 6'0 175 and medium is good on me.

hanker565

Reaction score
I have a similar build (5'6) and the smalls I have are a bit long on me...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
If you are "buff" you should not wear tight shirts. It will look like you're trying to show off. Medium is fine. I'm 6'0 175 and medium is good on me.

I'll sign off on this as well. I'm 5'11" and 152 lbs, most of the upper body weight in my shoulders and chest (I have a 30-31 true waist, 39-40 chest) and wear smalls in the thermals (because I want them skin tight under a tee) and mediums in everything else, and the sizing is pretty much dead on for me. Unless you are built like Brad Pitt (i.e. cut but not beefy, angular frame, with a big wingspan and long limbs generally) you are going to end up looking like a gay clubber, and not even gay guys generally want this look.

mistawho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'll sign off on this as well. I'm 5'11" and 152 lbs, most of the upper body weight in my shoulders and chest (I have a 30-31 true waist, 39-40 chest) and wear smalls in the thermals (because I want them skin tight under a tee) and mediums in everything else, and the sizing is pretty much dead on for me. Unless you are built like Brad Pitt (i.e. cut but not beefy, angular frame, with a big wingspan and long limbs generally) you are going to end up looking like a gay clubber, and not even gay guys generally want this look.

So your saying mediums will be perfect for me! haha. yeah i want them fit and not skin tight. Will see when i receive them.. Only thing i'm worried about is i bought 10 of them from ebay. EL OH EL!

familyman

Reaction score
I'm 6 foot and 160 and medium is on the tight side of what I feel comfortable wearing. I'm sure you picked the right size.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
No one hazed about the search feature?

For the last time, 6'/160lbs = medium. Familyman's dead on. The problem with small is while it's more fitting, it'll come up to your navel if it shrinks at all or look at it funny.

BTW, in the pics I posted in my RRL Fit thread I'm wearing a size small. so you get the idea.

ts4them

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
If you are "buff" you should not wear tight shirts. It will look like you're trying to show off.

Good advice, I wish most of Chelsea knew this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads