• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMC's The Killing

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.

The **** of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.

Originally Posted by gort
The **** of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.

so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame

Seriously. I was trying to figure out if I missed some viciously brutal part of the episode or something.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.

Originally Posted by Jodum5
Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.

Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.
Congratulations.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation.

Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so.

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
it reminded me of when chris beat down michaels father on the wire.

can you please post more. i love staring at your avatar. every time you post it's like christmas all over again

fir3fox

Reaction score
Blame all around...

I'll agree that Bennett didn't do himself any favors by acting so shady and he should have been on the look out after the first run in he had w/ Stan.

Mitch needs therapy for sure, but I'll settle for her getting a slap. That ***** set Stan on Bennett like a he was a rabid dog. He appeared to have broken away from that lifestyle only to have her guilt him into the beating.

Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that. She should have probably followed up w/ what was happening w/ Stan after the first time he snatched Bennett up.

SD1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.

Excellent scene, having him in the background doing that while Stan went to town. The way they framed that shot was genius.

SD1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox

Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that.

We watched the last three episodes in a row, and you can really see Linden coming apart at the seams.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation. Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so. What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.
Bold 1: You think the cops would've turned a blind eye? They'd have called child protective services and probably arrested him and his friend for something like kidnapping. He would've been perfectly fine if Mitch and Co. did nothing and let the cops do their jobs. Bold 2: She needs her husband to man up and smack her out of her funk. Bold 3: Yeah, I saw this too. Pretty weird cat. Thanks to the suspect merry go round I now think somebody connected to Stan had something to do with Rosie's death. I'm thinking Stan's old mob family, his creepy rock-punching friend, or Mitch's sister.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads