1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AMC's The Killing

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by limping_decorum, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Nice turn of events on the show - most interesting point to date.

I don't think it was the teacher any longer ... but who were they carrying out of his apartment then?

There is too much involvement in the political race - there has to be a tie-in.

Did you watch only 10% of the episode? Watch the last 10 minutes again. The tie in to the political race is that she was found in a campaign car, the lead suspect was also a major supporter of a lead candidates social program, and by extension are a reason why the candidate has been battered in the race.

2. velobran

velobran Senior member

Did you watch only 10% of the episode? Watch the last 10 minutes again. The tie in to the political race is that she was found in a campaign car, the lead suspect was also a major supporter of a lead candidates social program, and by extension are a reason why the candidate has been battered in the race.

If the show has any depth - then the Richmond campaign or Richmond's life will have a larger part than just a campaign car and youth activity leader campaign supporter. Richmond's portions account for 30% of the show somewhat - it must be something bigger.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

True but you made it seem like the political scenes are just filler. I'm sure there is a bigger role to play, I'm not really impatient to find out though, it'll come when they're ready.

4. Boston Litigator

Boston Litigator Well-Known Member

it reminded me of when chris beat down michaels father on the wire.

was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it starts picking up some speed now.

5. gort

gort Senior member

Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.

The rape of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.

6. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.

The rape of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.

so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame

7. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame

Seriously. I was trying to figure out if I missed some viciously brutal part of the episode or something.

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.

Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.

Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.

11. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.
    ^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.
    Congratulations.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation.

Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so.

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it reminded me of when chris beat down michaels father on the wire.

can you please post more. i love staring at your avatar. every time you post it's like christmas all over again

15. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Blame all around...

I'll agree that Bennett didn't do himself any favors by acting so shady and he should have been on the look out after the first run in he had w/ Stan.

Mitch needs therapy for sure, but I'll settle for her getting a slap. That bitch set Stan on Bennett like a he was a rabid dog. He appeared to have broken away from that lifestyle only to have her guilt him into the beating.

Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that. She should have probably followed up w/ what was happening w/ Stan after the first time he snatched Bennett up.

16. SD1

SD1 Senior member

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.

Excellent scene, having him in the background doing that while Stan went to town. The way they framed that shot was genius.

17. SD1

SD1 Senior member

Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that.

We watched the last three episodes in a row, and you can really see Linden coming apart at the seams.

18. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

this show is losing me

19. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation. Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so. What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.
    Bold 1: You think the cops would've turned a blind eye? They'd have called child protective services and probably arrested him and his friend for something like kidnapping. He would've been perfectly fine if Mitch and Co. did nothing and let the cops do their jobs. Bold 2: She needs her husband to man up and smack her out of her funk. Bold 3: Yeah, I saw this too. Pretty weird cat. Thanks to the suspect merry go round I now think somebody connected to Stan had something to do with Rosie's death. I'm thinking Stan's old mob family, his creepy rock-punching friend, or Mitch's sister.