1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AMC's The Killing

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by limping_decorum, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Do I need to watch the first season, or is it pretty easy to pick up what's going on?

2. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I mean, you don't have to. You could just read the episode notes/spoilers/season recap. But I would recommend watching it.

3. otc

otc Senior member

just save yourself the trouble and download the BBC subtitled version of the danish show.

Why watch the poorly done american remake when there's already a perfectly good version that has already wrapped up and you can watch on your own time.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Good first episode.

5. SD1

SD1 Senior member

Interesting that the Polish mob angle came back so strong last episode.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Seriously? None of it made any sense. It was just like, well let's do what we've always done and wrap shit up in three episodes and then move along!

The only reason to watch ANY of this is to feel smug that you recognize how awful it is as a show. There's nothing else going for it, really.

7. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

I told myself I wouldn't tune it... but I couldn't resist.

Linden is still as bad at her job as she is a mother. I'm convinced that if McNulty or Freeman would have found Rosie's body in the trunk of that car we would have known who the killer was midway through last season.

I think the only reason I find myself tuning in is for Holder. I like this character.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Hm, I'm actually digging this season so far. But i wonder if they'll just find s way to stretch this to a third season. Can't imagine it'll bf solved and another shady case materializes for next year

9. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Veena Sud, the show's creator, has come out and said for sure, 100%, guaranteed, that Rosie Larsen's killer will be revealed at the end of S2.

10. edinatlanta

Don't believe it.

11. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

We'll have to wait and see, but that's what she said.

12. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I'm really liking this season so far. Show has one of the best, most convincing atmospheres on TV.

13. edinatlanta

You are absolutely insane for thinking that. More to say tomorrow.

14. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

*bated breath*

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Really enjoying the season too.

16. edinatlanta

So, basically, the main problems of last year have continued into this season. The characters still suck. I mean, seriously, the only thing they care about is the Linden and Holder relationship. The very formulaic way they use three episodes on each suspect only to have it wrapped up in 3 minutes sucks. So much of the seemingly important backstory just disappears. The pacing is all fucked up (like the FIRST time Stan shows any longing for Midge is also when he clumsily "cheats" on her. And worst of all, we all knew it was going to happen, no need to do it in such a heavy-fisted way). They still have an arsenal of just three establishing shots for Seattle, only now they are just kind random (and seriously, the Seattle aspect is not at all critical to anything in this season so why do they try, multiple times each episode to act like it does). That runaway girl was such a fucking cliche and she's just one of many. There is a ridiculously high number of non-Polaks in Seattle's Polish mafia. The show could be so fucking great but they just continually do shit that's just really bad. I mean, seriously, if they just slowed everything down a bit and actually focused on what's important to the story line rather than throwing new shit in for the sake of doing it, the show would be super substantially better.

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

18. otc

otc Senior member

Just download the BBC airing of the danish original (and its sequel) and stop whining about the knockoff version that was made just for the sake of making an Amurican version.

19. gort

gort Senior member

You've already said this. If you don't like this show stop posting in this thread. Not everyone wants to watch subtitled stuff.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  20. otc

otc Senior member

I'm at least carrying some interest in seeing how they rebuild a favorite foreign show for american audiences (although as usual, they aren't doing well).

Ed doesn't even seem to like the show :puzzled:

Last edited: May 3, 2012