1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. coolpapa

coolpapa Distinguished Member

No kidding. One of the first points in virtually every tourist guidebook on Italy is: expect to get robbed. :D

2. KObalto

KObalto Distinguished Member

Both I believe. He said he was posting from a bar in Tokyo.

3. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Distinguished Member

:brick:

4. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior Member

5. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Mike, I don't think that's true at all.

Of the tailors I've worked with in southern Italy, most have been much more professional than what you describe. Each of Rubinacci, Matuozzo, Cappelli and Marinella have been prompt with service and responsive in communication. None of them have lied to me about an order being shipped, while it is not actually done or still sitting in the workshop. None has taken months (or years) beyond the estimated time for delivery of an order. None have changed their prices on me at the last moment, after they've already used up my fabric.

When a client must fly to Naples to pick up his orders because the tailor refuses to ship them or has gone AWOL and stopped making his promised visits to the U.S., it shouldn't simply be written off as southern Italian insouciance.

6. Balfour

Balfour Senior Member

Just to check, are you agreeing with the asshole comment?

Seriously, I can't believe you haven't apologised for the post yesterday. Your posts give the impression in my mind of a prima donna.

Reminds me of a P. G. Wodehouse character called Anatole - he was a hysterical chef that produced splendid food, but was forever throwing hissy fits and threatening to quit.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

7. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior Member

certainly not have been polite and elegant, this I admit ... but it was a way to get your attention, since it does not deserve to reply to my email ... 7 I tried to solve in private, but you kept writing about me ... and so I acted like an asshole ... maybe you've decided to answer my email?????

8. forex

forex Distinguished Member

Ambrosi, would you cut new pants if Foo supplied you with new fabric? Obviously, he pays for fabric but you don't charge for labor. Just curious to see what you say.

9. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior Member

Thank you for this question:

I have sent him several emails in June, and I sent copies to some members of this forum. I wanted to resolve this problem in private but he did not reply to any of my emails.  I wanted to remake the trousers: I would have paid for the new fabrics, the making will be at my cost, the shipping would have been at my cost. But he did not reply.  Still Matt Fan writes that I am not serious in trying to resolve this problem??? Or does he just want to keep dragging this problem out?  If the pants that I have made are wrong, ask him if he wore those pants.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

10. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

What e-mail??? I have not received any offer from you. I have been in contact with Ethandesu, who stated that despite your unwarranted aggression, he was sure you wanted to work things out. You know my e-mail address and my phone number. There is no reason you cannot contact me directly.

Also, this issue has been going on for more than a year. For that entire time, you have denied you made any mistakes, threatened me with bogus legal action, and refused to do the right thing. You wait until now to talk about a resolution and are surprised I'm not throwing praise at you? Come on.

Moreover, you attacked me personally. If you read my comments about you, I have never commented about anything but your business and workmanship. I have never insulted your appearance or your personal life.

This leads me to believe we cannot work together, as a client and tailor must share a mutual respect. How can I expect you to do good work when you are secretly insulting me at dinner with your other clients?

If you want to make things right, refund me the total I paid for all your labor and the fabric I provided you. Then we'll call it a clean break.

11. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

:lurk:

12. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Distinguished Member

This is really what needs to be done now, rather than more dubious offers to 'make things right.'

Salvatore: you've acted very poorly over the past few posts, and have truly discredited your business. Try and be a class act and just refund his money.

13. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

Unless he is full of shit!

14. Ambrosi

Ambrosi Senior Member

15. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior Member

There is something fishy in this story. Japanese customers in general would not take part in insulting a stranger just like that. Even less in presence of a gaijin.

Unless... he is dealing with Yakuza.:butbut: