• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any chance that the mods will lock this thread as absolutely nothing positive is coming out of it from this point on and will obviously turn into a ***** fest and this is the kind if thing that is killing this forum.

How does that kill the forum?:confused:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

weeeeeeeellllll, yes and noooo ...
My experience with the Italians has been good, I've never not gotten what I paid for, etc. However, one does, IME, need to accept a certain level of ... insouciance if one wishes to avail oneself of their services. Calls not returned, trips announced but not made, goods declared finished but not shipped, and long, loooooong delays are par for the course.
But I am happy with everything I have bought and I think I got a great value. The style is great, the quality is there, etc. I factor in the hassle and delays and just conclude that they're worth it.

I have had good experience with Ambrosi. He not only made good quality stuff, but he was easy to deal with and delivered more or less as promised. the biggest problems occurred when we missed a fitting because of poor communication which was my fault as much as his. On one occasion, he delivered trousers to my Rome hotel room in advance of my arrival for which I was grateful since I had what I needed for a trip with less worry about packing. I know, because the hotel told me, that he had called them several times, both before and after they were sent, to make sure the process went well. On the other hand, I am still witing for a suitcoat from Solito (three years later). The irony is that it was ordered when he and Ambrosi were travelling together. Ambrosi delivered the trousers and it was Solito that has left me hanging.

None of this has anything to do with, or negates, Foo's issues with Ambrosi, but my experience has been different (I also was fortunate and didn't need anything corrected, which made things simpler for me).

I don't need anything new and have been tailing off my bespoke orders to whatever is still in process for now, so I am not ordering anything from Ambrosi on his current NY trip. If I did need something, I would consider ordering something from him again, but I would certainly want to talk to him about what has been going on as reliability would be a concern.

Last edited:

Ambrosi

Reaction score
]thanks, my grandfather always told me: speak ill or well of you no matter the important and we are talking about .. see him speak evil, but at the same time you my clients, spoken well of my pants. thank you sir :foo: Free advertising for

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score
Is Ambrosi saying that the trousers were initially made correctly? Or that the altered trousers should be satisfactory?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

]thanks, my grandfather always told me: speak ill or well of you no matter the important and we are talking about .. see him speak evil, but at the same time you my clients, spoken well of my pants. thank you sir :foo: Free advertising for

they spoke well of the pants but there needs to be some clarification about how you're handling clients and your delivery of pents.

ykurtz

Reaction score
Whatever the outcome, he's lost more in future business than he gained from Mafoofan's pre-paid 9-10 pants. This cyber black eye will be visible for a long time for any new potential customers and will impact his business for at least the short-midterm. Personally, I think he's being penny wise and tons foolish. As a businessman, I would have made this right long ago. His responses so far are not doing him any favors. His 'handlers' should reign him in and get him under control before he completely destroys his brand.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whatever the outcome, he's lost more in future business than he gained from Mafoofan's pre-paid 9-10 pants. This cyber black eye will be visible for a long time for any new potential customers and will impact his business for at least the short-midterm. Personally, I think he's being penny wise and tons foolish. As a businessman, I would have made this right long ago. His responses so far are not doing him any favors. His 'handlers' should reign him in and get him under control before he completely destroys his brand.

do you think he is worried? seems he has too much business as it is

ykurtz

Reaction score

do you think he is worried? seems he has too much business as it is

The sartorial community is relatively small. He's like a silicon valley start up that secured $5 million dollars and feels like partying it up. Well, enjoy the Louis XIII's while you can. If and when he fails, or irreparably damages his reputation, people will remember his past doings when he reaches out for another chance. Yes, this could be a 'Crime and Misdemeanors' scenario where he gets off scott free. But in a world where just about anything is available on the web (think trailer guy voice), he's not doing himself any favors.

Ambrosi

Reaction score
I had back problems 2 years now I have solved everything, but the quality has always been the same, even when you have received your pants you said you were beautiful .. now return to NYC next month and I have many customers who want to order pants .. also customers of this forum, and other manton already have taken their appointment ..

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like your service(not quality) is ****!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is he drunk or is his english poor?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
as much as i side with foo on this one, i really want to try ambrosi pents now... if he can be such an asshole to his clients while still being in business his pants must be ******* magical.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

toscano_adottato

Reaction score

I'll allow that it can sometimes take longer to get things done in Italy, especially if anywhere in the neighborhood of August, and emails can sometimes go unreturned. But I'm talking about outright dishonesty and cheating, which I think is rare.

You must have never spend much time south of Rome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads