Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. apropos

apropos Senior member

If I can see Foo's penis outline, are his pants too tight?
    You must be looking really, really, really hard. [​IMG]

2. acecow

acecow Senior member

[​IMG]

Everything fits great, but, damn, those shoes don't work for your physique at all. [​IMG]

3. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

1. I agree that the Mad Men influence is real. No, you don't see all that many men replicating the look 100%, but you certainly do see elements of it everywhere: shorter jackets, skinny lapels, skinny ties, etc. This is particularly obvious when you consider the trends trickling down from fashion designers to brands like Banana Republic.

Eh. The short, skinny, slim look in the mainstream preceded Mad Men and can probably be traced to designers like Hedi Slimane.

4. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Hence, both Manton and Fuuma are wrong and I win.

First prize: getting to wear your sweatshirt with whatever pants you like for a day.
    Second prize: getting to wear it for two days.

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Second prize: getting to wear it for two days.

CVS cloth tape is involved?

Am I right?

[​IMG]

6. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

That's third prize, which you've won. You can pick it up the next time you're in Central Park.

7. hatguy

hatguy Senior member

hello to all members

this and the commercial management of Ambrosi Napoli....

Salvatore wanted to apologize to all the people which made it uncomfortable to some reported delays to deliveries of the pants ....

in the last three months past the company to take shape in a large operation enlargements of both production and staff Company ...

This month the company will have a manager for the commercial area, an area for customers, surely will be satisfied in the instant response to your sent mail ...

entered into a contract where you receive your order, the model chosen pants and the date of delivery ....

Ambrosi Napoli

Salvatore,

What is your manager's name and contact information?

Thanks.

8. Moss

Moss Senior member

9. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

That's third prize, which you've won. You can pick it up the next time you're in Central Park.

Do you miss riding a horse in Central Park as much as I do? Those frightening gallops back to the Claremont!

10. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Do you miss riding a horse in Central Park as much as I do? Those frightening gallops back to the Claremont!

My grandmother learned to ride there. She became sad for several days when she heard of the last school closing.

11. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

[...]
    2. Where Fuuma is wrong is concluding that any wearing of tie/jacket is costume. The underlying presumption behind such a conclusion is that there is no objective aesthetic good achieved through classic tailored clothing and that it can only be 'good' against a certain social or historical context (making it costume). We could debate that presumption forever, but I don't think one can logically reach his assertion without some very overreaching premises regarding the nature of aesthetics and style.

Hence, both Manton and Fuuma are wrong and I win.

This is not a problem peculiar to Fumma, but rather to recent generations of people embracing a post-post-post-whatever the fuck critical thought that is being pumped out from the embalmed world of academia. The entire notion of objectivity is cast in radical terms. No room is made to allow that what is pleasing can be separated from what "looks good" (i.e. what is aesthetically good). In short, nihilism is hip. But now I am just remembering my philosophizing over beers days as an undergrad....

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those frightening gallops back to the Claremont!

Is that the place Big A throws those wild parties?

13. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

I miss sledding at the archduke's, my cousin's.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

This is not a problem peculiar to Fumma, but rather to recent generations of people embracing a post-post-post-whatever the fuck critical thought that is being pumped out from the embalmed world of academia. The entire notion of objectivity is cast in radical terms. No room is made to allow that what is pleasing can be separated from what "looks good" (i.e. what is aesthetically good). In short, nihilism is hip. But now I am just remembering my philosophizing over beers days as an undergrad....

WTF? You obviously didn't get an undergraduate in philo, there are standards...

15. comrade

comrade Senior member

Well, aside from the glasses, which are terrible, and the hair, which looks like it was teased by one of the hairdressers from the set of Nickelodeon pre-teen sitcom, foo does look good. That's a great combo all around. And Nay gave him the harshest put-down of anyone for the stupid Brown outfit. Really, we can't win in your eyes.
    Not fair. The glasses are undoubtedly Foo's homage to the late Jackie Kennedy, whom he probably admires despite his membership in the Federalist Society. Style over Substance! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1659&bih=846