Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

For the record, I think everyone is just jealous of my sweatshirt and sunglasses.

Manton, I strive to wear at least one thing everyday that you'll find vomit-worthy. [​IMG]

2. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

You hate foo and we (Nay and me, since you are apparently confused on this point) don't. You like spitting venom in his face and we don't. You get very pissy when he is praised and we often praise him. You think that whenever we crititicize him our criticism is too soft. It's irresolvable apparently.

Comb through every one of my comments ever posted. With the exception of the sweatshirt/Ambrosi pic, I've only had positive things to say about Foo. I asked if he always gets swelled edges - no criticism there. Then I ribbed Nay for calling Foo's pic first class. Perhaps if Foo killed the sunglasses, it would be first class, but the sunglasses strike me as a bit silly - this is just my opinion, and you agreed. Now you're asserting that I have it out for Foo, and that I have it out for you and Nay for complimenting him. Really, you have gone off the deep end. Compose yourself and stop being obssessed with me. It's positively creepy.

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Comb through every one of my comments ever posted. With the exception of the sweatshirt/Ambrosi pic, I've only had positive things to say about Foo. I asked if he always gets swelled edges - no criticism there. Then I ribbed Nay for calling Foo's pic first class. Perhaps if Foo killed the sunglasses, it would be first class, but the sunglasses strike me as a bit silly - this is just my opinion, and you agreed. Now you're asserting that I have it out for Foo, and that I have it out for you and Nay for complimenting him. Really, you have gone off the deep end. Compose yourself and stop being obssessed with me. It's positively creepy.

Right, that sure is what's going on here.

You started all of this and actually up until about three posts ago I thought it was just a regular conversation. When I pointed out that, contra your clique mantra, Nay had actually made the harshest put down of anyone, you had a little mini meltdown.

So, now that you ask, I do think you are an obsessive stalker prick now. About two hours ago, I didn't. Congratulations.

4. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

For the record, I think everyone is just jealous of my sweatshirt and sunglasses.

Manton, I strive to wear at least one thing everyday that you'll find vomit-worthy. [​IMG]

I like the sunglasses in the sweatshirt picture. What at those?

Not a fan of the second pair though, sorry!

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Well, aside from the glasses, which are terrible,...

actually, they are the best part.

6. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

20s and 30s professionals playing MadMen is ubercostume (not to mention annoying).

Is it still annoying if the character I most resemble is Peggy?

7. 1969

1969 Senior member

Since this thread is now a free for all, someone please help me understand what is "impeccable" about Foo's Sportcoat/flannels photo. To my eye, the jacket looks too tight in the waist, and the shirt collar seems tight. When going no break/large cuff I tend to think the top needs to be relaxed a little to balance things out. It just looks uncomfortable to me...am I the only one?

8. Big A

Big A Senior member

Since this thread is now a free for all, someone please help me understand what is "impeccable" about Foo's Sportcoat/flannels photo. To my eye, the jacket looks too tight in the waist, and the shirt collar seems tight. When going no break/no cuff I tend to think the top needs to be relaxed a little to balance things out. It just looks uncomfortable to me...am I the only one?
    These things you see cannot possibly be true. The problem is your eyes. I recommend Lasik.
    Right, that sure is what's going on here. You started all of this and actually up until about three posts ago I thought it was just a regular conversation. When I pointed out that, contra your clique mantra, Nay had actually made the harshest put down of anyone, you had a little mini meltdown. So, now that you ask, I do think you are an obsessive stalker prick now. About two hours ago, I didn't. Congratulations.
    I hope this isn't taken the wrong way because I have been honestly really impressed with the seemingly "kinder, gentler" Manton - you have judiciously responded to a number of posts that called out for, shall we say, a harsher response. I also agree that the conversation quoted above is becoming a stalkerish pissing contest (something I'm somewhat familiar with, and occasionally on the wrong end of). Anyway, I do think there's something of a "Neapolitan clique" here that results in willful blindness to some obvious shortcoming. I'm not saying that the commentary on Foo's sweatshirt / pants combo constitutes that, but I have felt in the past that it exists. Bad fits have been excused essentially as "house style."

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Since this thread is now a free for all, someone please help me understand what is "impeccable" about Foo's Sportcoat/flannels photo. To my eye, the jacket looks too tight in the waist, and the shirt collar seems tight. When going no break/no cuff I tend to think the top needs to be relaxed a little to balance things out. It just looks uncomfortable to me...am I the only one?

The shirt collar and coat both look great to me - not sure why you think they're too tight. I personally prefer a bit more break to the trousers, but his style isn't bad / wrong.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Is it still annoying if the character I most resemble is Peggy?

Is Peggy the chick with the huge breasts (I don't listen to the series, tried the first season and think its not very good)? I'm not much of a retro girls kinda guy (smells like hipster and cooties) but I guess it would be slightly more interesting.

11. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Is Peggy the chick with the huge breasts (I don't listen to the series, tried the first season and think its not very good)? I'm not much of a retro girls kinda guy (smells like hipster and cooties) but I guess it would be slightly more interesting.

You're thinking of Joan.

12. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

And so it begins.

It should be pointed out that trouser break is not a matter of scientific precision, particulary when talking about flannel.

13. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Yeah, Matt looks stiff and uncomfortable, but I imagine that's just because he's having his picture taken, which also makes me stiff and uncomfortable. The clothing looks exceptionally well-tailored, and while the waist appears very trim, I imagine the coat is actually quite loose and comfortable around his midsection; I say this because while the coat has an hourglass shape, there's little-to-no visible stress at the button, and the coat fits in the small of the back (at least it does in the other pics he's posted before). To me, these are clear giveaways in distinguishing bespoke on a guy with a big drop from RTW waist-winching alterations. The waisted effect is visual more than anything, and achieved by 1) Matt's natural build; 2) slightly extending the shoulder; and 3) beautifully tapering and shaping (through pressing) the garment, the chest especially, in three dimensions. The sleeves are also pretty full, which I find adds a lot of comfort too, especially when the arms are bent or in motion.

I don't see what you mean about the shirt collar.

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

And so it begins.

It should be pointed out that trouser break is not a matter of scientific precision, particulary when talking about flannel.

And so what begins?

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

no,

fwiw, it's tight and on the short side.