Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

2. kcc

kcc Senior member

Since when did wearing university tees with trouser and a pair of wingtips become casual? [​IMG] C'mon, it would fail as acceptable dress attire even for casual Fridays.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Sweatshirts and tailored dress pants are incongruous. I don't see how you don't get it. Like a child wanting to sleep in his brand new rain boots you are pairing anything and everything with dress pants. Perhaps Ambrosi will make pleated and cuffed sweatpants you can wear with Matuozzo shirts.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I don't think you understand the criticism. I mean your pants look rather like dress pants then casual because they are cuffed. Wearing a sweatshirt with a huge logo printed on just doesn't work. But like I said you seemed quite comfortable and even more relaxed in that shot.

I think there's some cognitive circuity going on here: because Styleforum thinks dressing up is dressing better, and Styleforum prefers cuffs, it assumes cuffs signify dressing up. This is false, however. If anything, cuffs make trousers more casual. When wearing black tie, for example, one's trousers should not be cuffed.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Sweatshirts and tailored dress pants are incongruous. I don't see how you don't get it. Like a child wanting to sleep in his brand new rain boots you are pairing anything and everything with dress pants. Perhaps Ambrosi will make pleated and cuffed sweatpants you can wear with Matuozzo shirts.

WTF are "dress pants"? I understand what you are indicating, but it also somewhat disgusts.

6. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

WTF are "dress pants"?
    Come on, foo.

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I think there's some cognitive circuity going on here: because Styleforum thinks dressing up is dressing better, and Styleforum prefers cuffs, it assumes cuffs signify dressing up. This is false, however. If anything, cuffs make trousers more casual. When wearing black tie, for example, one's trousers should not be cuffed.
    OK, but you know you were gonna get this on SF didn't you? [​IMG] Maybe the inner rebel in yourself popped up. I can respect that.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Wrong. This has nothing to do with some perceived SF-collective thinking (which you so fondly like to attribute to everyone that doesn't agree with you). At a basic level, I don't think you get it or want to get it. Your Ambrosi pants. Those are dress pants. Even if they are flannel and not worsted wool. If you don't know what those are and how you can distinguish that from "non-dress" pants or something more casual, I don't know how to help you. Perhaps you might want to peruse the J-Crew website for what is more appropriately viewed as more casual pants that go with a more casual top like a sweatshirt.

I mean you have jeans - you don't think it would be significantly more appropriate to pair your sweatshirt with jeans?

9. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

[​IMG] Now you are just being unnecessarily argumentative Foo. Its not like you don't understand the basis for all the criticism here.

No harm in admiting you tried something different, and in retrospect it wasn't the right call.

10. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

I think I see the problem. Foo's taken it to the next level - wool pants that work with everything. Not "dress pants". Not "office pants".

[​IMG]

11. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] Now you are just being unnecessarily argumentative Foo. Its not like you don't understand the basis for all the criticism here.

No harm in admiting you tried something different, and in retrospect it wasn't the right call.

Or even that you insist it was the right call. But to persist in maintaining that you can't see how anyone might find tailored pants + welted lace-ups + cheap sweatshirt incongruous ... well, that's obtuse.

12. OffTheRack

OffTheRack Senior member

I think this all misses a rather important point.

It was not flannel and sweatshirt weather in Central Park this past weekend.

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The (in)fallibility of [​IMG]

14. quar

quar Senior member

WTF are "dress pants"?

Classic foo. Love it. [​IMG]

15. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

T-shirt with flannel trousers is all kinds of wrong.