Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I am sorry, but it is a myth that there's an actual difference between the fit of good mtm and bespoke shirts...

Depends. If the client has a relatively straightforward physique, good MTM should be just fine, and the benefits of high-end bespoke may very well be de minimis.

However, for someone like me, with extremely sloped and uneven shoulders and a large and disproportionate back, good MTM doesn't work that well. And I've tried quite a few.

2. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

Depends.

Yes.

Difficulty is in the sleeves, not so much body.

- M

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Manton I'm sorry but if you look at the mirror you'll notice there is a distinct ripple in the pantaloon of thine trousers.

Clearly your tailor did not take into account your bent knee as it clearly just does not fit. Look I'm not saying it is bad but if you are about to spend 3K on a pair of pants, ought they not have absolutely break-free structure at every point whilst wearing?

Of course to spare you from even greater ignominy, I shan't even mention the, what appears to be, 1/4 inch slight disarray at the top third most quadrant of your waist and how at the left pocket in between the fourth and fifth weave, it is quite obvious to anyone with the slightest amount of knowledge the the tailor had blinked at that precise moment and has an extra four microns of thread in that position.

Look, it isn't awful, but I wouldn't dare defile my constitution with such an abomination of cloth and thread. Different strokes and what not, I guess you could say.

Now, this may sound controversial but after my successful experimentation of bedsheets qua shirting material, I am going to take these burlap sacks and convert them into pants! Glory and success are all that await!

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

^^

ed, there is no need for you to phail in every sub fora.

Just a horrible, horrible post that is not funny, satirical, ironic, nothing. Just absolutely nothing.

5. forex

forex Senior member

^^

Just a horrible, horrible post that is not funny, satirical, ironic, nothing. Just absolutely nothing.

+100

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

^^

Is he that infamous?[​IMG]

7. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

What, you don't think "a ripple in thine pantaloons" sounds like something I'd say?

8. greger

greger Senior member

Oh my! (gasp!) There is an error in this shirt! The horror! Just look at the elbow bumping the back of the sleeve!

Although, if you play the piano or clarinet or trumpet or some other fine instrument it would be OK because your arms are forward.

[​IMG]

9. greger

greger Senior member

I
    Ambrosi pants have a unique configuration of buttons and fasteners. Ambrosi's have a little panel that attaches to two buttons on the inside plus two more buttons on the waistband.

Do you like that configuration? Or, is it of no real benefit? And is it more for belted trousers or for trousers that use braces?

10. greger

greger Senior member

... my Ambrosi trousers are exceptionally comfortably. Who knows if that has to do with the hand-sewing, the fabric, the imagination, etc.

Different cutting methods can make a world of difference. Add to that pliable hand sewn seams and it can be very nice. (Pliable adapts to the figure better.)

11. greger

greger Senior member

Manton I'm sorry but if you look at the mirror you'll notice there is a distinct ripple in the pantaloon of thine trousers.

Pantaloons, have buttons up the side, at least partway, or a stirrup that goes under foot. I doubt Manton has any.

12. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you like that configuration? Or, is it of no real benefit? And is it more for belted trousers or for trousers that use braces?

If Ambrosi trousers have an objective weakness, it is the buttons. Savile Row uses very strong silk thread coated in beeswax, with a nice amount spacing the button from the underlying fabric. Braces buttons on SR stuff almost never come off.

Ambrosi buttons (and he does use a LOT of them) are fastened more like shirt buttons. I've had my cleaners replace a bunch of them, or at least re-fasten the brace buttons so they didn't pull the waist band out of shape.

13. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

The horror!

I'll get on that right away! [​IMG]

- M

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are we still talking about fkn shirts?

15. greger

greger Senior member

Are we still talking about fkn shirts?

Yes, but trousers were mentioned too.[​IMG]