Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

IIRC, Spoo's was MTM. Impressive.

2. Big A

Big A Senior member

Please .... There's at least one wrinkle on Spoo's shirt, where the sleeve joins the shirt near the armpit. He might as well throw it away! Seriously, can we now digress into a discussion of why one would put a monogram on the front lower quarter of the shirt (or at all, for that matter)?

3. srivats

srivats Senior member

Please .... There's at least one wrinkle on Spoo's shirt, where the sleeve joins the shirt near the armpit. He might as well throw it away! Seriously, can we now digress into a discussion of why one would put a monogram on the front lower quarter of the shirt (or at all, for that matter)?
    IIRC, Spoo and his daughter have the same initials and he got that shirt when she was born (or on her birthday). In that context, that is perfectly ok.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I love that shirt.

...and Sri has the memory of an elephant. If you really want to know, Big A - Mrs. Spoo and I got engaged in Paris, and when we went back after BabySpoo was born, I wanted to get a MTM Charvet shirt in pink with my (our) initials on it, so down the road, after Im long gone, she could wear her Daddy's shirt and remember me. Its the only monogrammed piece I have, and plan to get.

5. forex

forex Senior member

I love that shirt.

...and Sri has the memory of an elephant. If you really want to know, Big A - Mrs. Spoo and I got engaged in Paris, and when we went back after BabySpoo was born, I wanted to get a MTM Charvet shirt in pink with my (our) initials on it, so down the road, after Im long gone, she could wear her Daddy's shirt and remember me. Its the only monogrammed piece I have, and plan to get.

No more Babyspoos in the future?

6. BrooklynWeGoHard

BrooklynWeGoHard Senior member

^ The same woman made this shirt, from Dormeuil linen. It is easy to see how the linen, with more structure, would give a better idea of how the shirt fits compared to cotton.

That written, she made two try on shirts out of scrap cotton before this one. Still, lateral and sagittal sleeve pictches were still being fine tuned for the long sleeves shirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- M

dont like the collar, but great shirt

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No more Babyspoos in the future?

Definitely not. One and done. [​IMG]

8. BrooklynWeGoHard

BrooklynWeGoHard Senior member

I love that shirt.

win

9. forex

forex Senior member

Definitely not. One and done. [​IMG]

I should show this to my wife[​IMG]

10. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Could someone tell me the price of an Ambrosi shirt and does he visit Chicago? I lurked and searched but couldn't find this information.

11. _AMD

_AMD Senior member

Could someone tell me the price of an Ambrosi shirt and does he visit Chicago? I lurked and searched but couldn't find this information.

I believe it's $1000, but they don't rotate the shoulder enough, so it's not worth it.

Hope that helps.

Aaron

12. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

/all shirt discussion.

That is the best fitting shirt that has ever been posted I assert that it cannot be topped.

Matthew makes shirts that fit and look like this and not from linen but in light weight cotton. Have only seen the shirts he wears himself. Never seen one on anyone else but I can say that his own shirts fit and look this good.

13. Big A

Big A Senior member

I love that shirt. ...and Sri has the memory of an elephant. If you really want to know, Big A - Mrs. Spoo and I got engaged in Paris, and when we went back after BabySpoo was born, I wanted to get a MTM Charvet shirt in pink with my (our) initials on it, so down the road, after Im long gone, she could wear her Daddy's shirt and remember me. Its the only monogrammed piece I have, and plan to get.
    Great story. It was actually a joke (that's why I said "digress") - I don't have strong feelings about monograms one way or the other, but it's been a heated topic here occasionally. Since we had slipped from pants to racism/classism to shirts, monograms seemed the next area ripe for a bitch-fest. I thought we might hit them all in one thread

14. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

You're so polite about it...lol

Serious comment here now: I think the fact that the cost is so high (whether its pants and Kabbaz's shirts-not Mantons) that makes people who don't own one to obsess about "perfection". When it comes down to it, nothing will ever be "perfect" as they are products crafted by mere mortals. I also think that personal preference also comes into play. I think there's a bigger gap between almost and perfect than there is between bad and good, because the closer you get to perfection, the more you look for it, and the more you find wrong. Hope that makes sense.

I think this is totally true. The best makers have high price points not only because of expensive materials and labour but because people will pay them. Thats not me taking a pop at these businesses I say good luck to them, and they probably deserve it if they are say 100 years old and have been building a reputation and business. They are at the top of there game in supply and demand. I would like to get here myself at some point.......give it a 100 years[​IMG]

15. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I am sorry, but it is a myth that there's an actual difference between the fit of good mtm and bespoke shirts...