• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there was a blow up, and then everything was deleted

Gotta admit that it was pretty damn funny parody of a forum favorite's name. Way better than some At least on par if not better than a famed trousermaker calling one of his customer.

But hey, I was not an Ambrosi customer and don't intent to be at least within this year, so I am instantly classified in the "never going to buy bespoke trousers in the first place" category. Minority report style.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seems ad hominem attacks from some are acceptable but from others it's deleted post.

Some people have exhausted the moderation team's patience more than others. If someone pulls dumb **** regularly, no, he will probably not get a pass when someone else might.

MrTRC

Reaction score
Tbh, it wasamusing. Shame about the draconian measures but i understand it. Noodle's rant at DWW certainly brought some levity to my day.

Davarpanah

Reaction score
Just wondering - how much do a pair of Abrosi pants run you nowadays, if you order from his store in Italy ? Given the history of this thread, perhaps I should rephrase - how much do they crawl ? :)

JensenH

Reaction score

Just wondering - how much do a pair of Abrosi pants run you nowadays, if you order from his store in Italy ? Given the history of this thread, perhaps I should rephrase - how much do they crawl ? :)

If one is willing to organize a trunk show and shill for them, one may get a discount.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that Andrew of A Timeless Man blog mentioned that he paid 800 Euros to purchase from Ambrosi in Italy in August 2014 (and he then received his pents in July 2015).

Davarpanah

Reaction score
800 € seems a bit steep ! And that is a long wait for some trousers - but hey, some are more patient than others.

And find it hard to believe, that anybody on this forum would be able to set up a trunkshow with Ambrosi, given this tread, and how it has evolved.

Any suggestions as to which other Italien tailors could satisfy my need for pants, without me having to sell my home first? :) I'm planning a trip to Italy, and need some good advice, as where to visit.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What amazes me is that he's so busy despite the price.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good price for bespoke trousers, and how many odd trousers can one manage to buy in one sitting?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good thing about the wait is that it'll motivate you not to gain weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads