1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. orsetto

orsetto Active Member

Thanks, makes me feel better that I'm not alone. Just waiting for a couple more pairs. My order dates back to his earlier (first?) NY trips. iirc, Solito was there as well. I have no plans to trek to Naples in the next year. I guess this gives me more time to lose weight...

1 person likes this.
  2. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

He now comes to NYC several times a year, though, by collaboration with the Armoury. Maybe you can catch him there?

Quote from thearmoury.com:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. orsetto

orsetto Active Member

Yes, thank you. That's probably the best option for me and finally get to visit one of the Armoury stores. Despite passing by HK so many times, I've never been to Armoury. My travelling companions just want to eat and eat until they drop.

By the way, who hosts the Singapore visits? At least, I have tentative plans for sg. But I see Salvatore just wrapped up his Asia tour.

4. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

I have three pairs of Ambrosi trousers that I may be selling. Would it be okay to post in this thread to see if there's interest?

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I don't see why not. We don't get a chance to see any pictures in this thread.

6. comrade

comrade Senior member

waist and rise measurement (including waist band) ?

7. justridiculous

I will post some photos and measurements either tonight or tomorrow. They're all around a 39/40 waist.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree. I don't like pleats pulled open, that isn't a sign of a good fit. Also, the seat is too tight. But maybe, during the long wait, there was more weight.

9. hippotamus

hippotamus Senior member

Agree the pant looks very average, no where near the level of "Good".

Besides the fame, why would one wait over a year for a pair of pants. With that level of fit and handwork, I am sure someone local can perform the job (and less the price)

Especially for young gentleman like this blogger, his weigh could really increase easily (out of school, no more gym, new work schedule, marriage! etc)

10. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Generally we don't permit interst checks or other FS stuff outside of the classifieds, but we do allow some exceptions, particularly when accompanied by good pics. So feel free to post, Justridiculous, but pls. leave prices to your classified thread.

11. justridiculous

You got it. Thanks for the clarification.

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I'm still flagging as spam though... :lol:

13. justridiculous

Okay, sorry about the delay. So, they're all a size 38-40 US. One pair is a navy twill wool, and these are in perfect condition. Flat front, cuffs. The measurements are as follows:

Waist - 20 inches
    Rise - 12 inches
    Leg opening - 9.25 inches
    Inseam - 32 inches

The second pair is a heavy brown wool. There are some spots on the bottom of one pant leg (see photos), but a dry cleaner should be able to get them out. Flat front, cuffs. The measurements are as follows:

Waist - 19.75 inches
    Rise - 12.5 inches
    Leg opening - 9.25 inches
    Inseam - 31.5 inches

The third pair is a lightweight wool in a gray/blue. It's a gorgeous color. There are some snags at the bottom of one pants leg. Double-reverse pleats, cuffs. The measurements are as follows:

Waist - 19.5 inches
    Rise - 12 inches
    Leg opening - 9.5 inches
    Inseam - 31.75 inches

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If there is interest, shoot me a message! I'm still deciding whether or not I'll be selling them.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  14. justridiculous

By the way, you can't really tell in the photos, but the brown pants have green flecks throughout the wool. It's very cool looking.

15. justridiculous

16. chogall

chogall Senior member

Permanent Style put up a review of ambrosi pants yesterday if anyone is interested.

17. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

ˆ...and The Salva responded in the review's comment section -- if anyone is interested.

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member