1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Very well said.

2 people like this.
  2. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

So all those unprofessional conducts, including publicly insulting one's customer as in the case of Foo is a cultural thing? I wonder why NSM doesn't behave this way. Look, people posting their negative experiences -- and there are quite a few -- are doing a public service. Ambrosi lovers may not mind the lengthy waits, the appalling lack of communications, the lies, and other unprofessional conducts from Ambrosi. But potential customers who do mind are warned what to expect by reading these posts.

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

Yes he did, I forgot about that. My memory only last one forum page long.

I was just fooling around until I see this:

This implicitly implies that he didn't receive all three pairs because he didn't pay the full balance. What's the point of using the words 'good' and 'admit' to describe @snikta 's details disclosure of his experience? That's as if you are encouraging and acknowledging his confession on his wrongdoings. In my opinion, your diction framed @snikta as the party who fucked up the transaction of his new order with SA.

@snikta paid for two pairs, in full, for his July order, agree to pay the deposit/full for his Oct order when they next met. If combined, that's enough deposit to cover four pairs. He received one pair from his July order and one pair from his Oct order at the end, with mixed results.

So in reality, SA fucked up snikta's order. Even if we blocked out @snikta 's non-paying (more like no-chance-to-pay) order, SA still fucked up the July order by delivering the wrong pairs of pants. Snikta was never able to pay SA for the third pair as he was not able to visit SA in person despite his multiple attempts.

It's somewhat understandable that you fault @snikta for all his drama as you pay your bespoke orders (with traveling tailors) in full at the time of ordering. However,

Quote:
    I share similar experiences with bespoke makers as well but my list is much more humble and my orders are mostly for shoes.

This was going to be a PM, but I think its more appropriate here, as @snikta was treated with capricious behaviors by SA, received a legal threat. Yet some are still piling on him, rubbing more salt to his wound.

EDIT: SA is a good guy and I like his pants silhouettes. Personally I prefer dealing with local retail agents, easier to communicate.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    3 people like this.
  4. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

"Non paying" means he didn't pay anything. Not paying the full balance means he didn't pay everything. Do you see the difference? I said he did the latter, not the former. So, no, I was not trying to say Snikta was totally at fault, just to give him props for admitting something difficult.

I think you have some other facts regarding the payment and ability to pay confused too.

Either way, it certainly seems as though both SA and Snikta could have done better in this. But all we have to go on are internet posts, so I see no real cause make any real judgments.

5. emptym

No, I only attribute to culture the things I actually attributed to culture.

I have absolutely no problems with people posting negative experiences. As I mentioned, I've posted some myself. But I do think that people complaining should disclose the whole story and I think those who love to "pile on" could find better ways to spend their time. Btw, was it the Paone thread where you did what DWW said you did in the Rubbinaci one?

6. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

Snikta did NOTHING wrong (except wash his first pair of pents...). You didn't read his post clearly enough, because you are still confusing exactly what, when, and how the payments vs. orders transpired...

Any attempt to make SA and Snikta seem equally culpable is ridiculous.

Full disclosure: I am still planning on getting trousers from SA, but through the Armoury trunk shows...

2 people like this.
  7. emptym

I wouldn't say they're equally culpable. But I do think it would have been good for Snikta to let us know SA had repaired or replaced the pants at no cost to him and that he hadn't paid the entire amount for the missing pairs.

Why do you think I'm confusing the payments? What did I say that was incorrect?

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

The phrasing implies that the undelivered pants are in some way related to payments/lack of payments. My reading is that snikta made every payment requested by Ambrosi and that he has paid in full for the pants received to date.

3 people like this.
  9. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

If it is a cultural thang, then why other Italian tailors, besides Ambrosi and to a lesser extend Solito, do not behave this way. You still have not answered my question.

I still don't really know why DWW said I was "slagging off" (whatever that means) on Rubinacci. I have absolutely no recollection of posting anything critical of Rubinacci. I posted that a Rubinacci sport coat was not a remarkable fit on a forum member because it was obvious.. I call it as it is. Is that your definition of "piling on"?

Since you are the Mod and has access to all the posts, why don't you re-post it here.

10. emptym

T4 and DWW's posts seemed to assert that. There definitely is a conflict regarding that, whether the pants were remade or replaced and whether they were shipped or hand delivered. I didn't see anything conclusive about that in the emails or texts Snikta posted. So we just have contrasting posts from two sides, so far at least. Is that not so?

I thought that was a rhetorical question. I have no idea or experience with NSM. But I do have experience with delays and exaggerations from others. So when SA told me "two weeks" I knew that he didn't mean two weeks. Was it irritating? Yes. Do I wish he was precise with his language? Yes. But I don't leap to insulting him or those who like his product.

OK. Here are a few:

11. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

So publicly insulting Foo by Salva on Styfo is acceptable because it is a cultural thing? Yes, this question and others are rhetorical. But why wouldn't you answer them?

I suggest you re-read my posts that you mentioned because you obviously did not comprehend them.

The first was my succinct way of interpreting what Foo's numerous posts about bespoke items made by Paone (former head tailor of Rubinacci) will be inferior to those made by Rubinacci. The second part was about Manton's outburst that was completely unrelated to the topic subject. How is that critical of Rubinacci, or of Paone?

The second was so self-evidential that should need no explanation. When a senior member wears a bespoke item with a less than flattering fit from a well-loved tailor, some may ooh and aah over it because of the status of the senior member or the darling status of the tailor. But I call it as I see it. If you look at the fit on that photo, can you in good conscience say it was a beautiful fit?

The third was my snarky post -- which you had deleted -- about a senior member's general grumpy behavior. It had absolutely nothing to do with Rubinacci or Ambrosi. I seriously wonder why you would even include it.

If these 3 posts are all you have as evidence of my "piling on", you will have to do better.

1 person likes this.
  12. chogall

chogall Senior member

For the second time, your diction showed a strong negative preconception that Snitka is at fault and your encouragement is akin to judges praising defendant for pleading guilty.

admit

VERB
    1. confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance:
      "the office finally admitted that several prisoners had been injured"
      synonyms: confess · acknowledge · own · concede · grant · accept · allow ·
      More