1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Amazing cashmere flannel trousers

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by A Harris, Jan 27, 2005.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Andrew

Which ones are available in 32 or 33?

2. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Also, do you know how wide the leg openings are?

3. montmorency

montmorency Senior member

I am interested too. Size 34 or 35. How will we know what sizes/colors/fabrics you have?

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The slacks available for immediate sale/shipment are listed in the first post (of this thread.) There are a LOT more, but I will have to wait for an inventory list before I know exactly what I can provide.

The waist seems to measure very true-to-size, which means that it measures exactly what the listed size is (36" for a size 36.) You might consider them a bit slim-fitting compared to other brands, as pants are often cut generously.

The leg opening on a size 36 measures 9 7/8" at 30" and 9 1/2" at 32". This measurement will of course vary depending on the size of the pants, and the length you hem them at.

5. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Do you have a 33" in that last close up (the brown, last one before the pic with the trousers on the hanger)?

6. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I can vouch for this brand as well, having checked them out at the Collective two weeks ago in NYC.

Those pants are in a great wool blend, and the heathered colors look outstanding.

Andrew: try to get your hands on some of those sport coats, or the cords.

The palette struck me as very Italian, something you'd see on the floor at Bergdorf Goodman.

7. speedskater

speedskater New Member

Those look gorgeous. I'd take a pair each of the red and the copper in 38 if you can get them. I could do 40 or 36 (if there's room to let out) if forced to....

thanks.

8. thomas790

thomas790 Active Member

I'm also interested. I'm a little over 36 so I'd be looking for a 38 in maybe both brown and gray

9. A Harris

I have updated the original post to reflect what I still have on hand at the moment. If you want any of those, send me a personal message.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I should have an inventory list soon, so that I can fill everyone's requests.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you have flat fronts...

I haven't seen them, but the pallette is, as Mike C says, very Italian. Textures and colors remind me a lot of Luciano Barbera in particular, and 90% wool 10% cashmere is i.n my mind a perfect blend for flannel - hardy but soft to the touch.

11. thinman

thinman Senior member

Beautiful trousers. Any available in 30" waist? (would really prefer flat front, if you can get them).

12. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Any updates regarding the cords, flat fronts, or smaller sizes in general?

Thanks,

Dan

13. A Harris

I got the inventory list but all the colors are in number codes, so I'm working on get them translated. Good news is that there seem to be several more colors than the pictures I've posted.

As far as flat-fronts go, I think all the flannels are pleated, still waiting to see the cords...

14. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I received the pair of these pants that I purchased from Andrew yesterday and I must say, they are very nice. The blend of wool and cashmere makes them quite soft and the are very well cut. Additionally, the fit on the waist is quite nice and IMHO they look very sharp.

I'm hoping to have the opportunity to get them to my tailor this week or next to have them hemmed and cuffed. All in all, if you're thinking about getting a pair, I would highly recommend these slacks.

Bradford

15. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I'll second that recommendation, as I received mine Monday. The fabric is very nice and soft.

I took them to my tailor on Monday. I'll let you know how they fit once I get them back.