• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing Australian Flood Footage

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tragic
frown.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty ballsy of the dude who drove his truck away. Not a choice I would have made.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Pretty ballsy of the dude who drove his truck away. Not a choice I would have made.

A few minutes later and he would have been in bad shape.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower

Yeah...I've been in raging flood waters before but I had the safety of several ropes tied to my harness, helmet, life vest etc. Even still, a raging flood is not a place I'd like to find myself again.

Thankfully it looked like the water wasn't quite up to his knees at that point. Any later and he should have just let the SUV go.

Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
The SUV guy should have waited a few minutes longer to really test out that snorkel.

lulz

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1:55 the azn rice rockets are racing... it just goes to show... a huge spoiler is useless in that situation... hence he's losing the river sprint.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
The SUV guy should have waited a few minutes longer to really test out that snorkel.
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Yeah...I've been in raging flood waters before but I had the safety of several ropes tied to my harness, helmet, life vest etc. Even still, a raging flood is not a place I'd like to find myself again. Thankfully it looked like the water wasn't quite up to his knees at that point. Any later and he should have just let the SUV go.
Anyone else find it odd that the guy chose to cover himself with an umbrella while wading into flood waters to lock his hubs and drive off in his bad ass snorkel-equipped SUV?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Anyone else find it odd that the guy chose to cover himself with an umbrella while wading into flood waters to lock his hubs and drive off in his bad ass snorkel-equipped SUV?

I was thinking what kind of office complex that was where guy could get away with wearing neon yellow.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Accompanied by a purple umbrella, no less. The world is a scary place outside of SF.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the whole Queensland thing is seriously amazing.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats hilarious. Why the hell didnt they all race down and move those cars.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
That water was rising really fast. He probably left his office kinda complacently not expecting to have to be wading. Then he just went about the plan he started with. Funny, I somehow think Aussies are rugged individuals who would not confuse letting the air out of one's tires for locking in the hubs. ~ H

IamKris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower

More like a few seconds later. That was pretty close.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads