• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amadeus quality?

farooqm

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a Amadeus microfiber rain coat off STP. How's the quality and fit of these?

Thanks in advance.

horton

Reaction score
fairly good but not amazing. Worth the STP price IMO

In my experience Amadeus is a little boxier than Schneiders (at least the more current pieces). Amadeus is made by or a sub-entity of Schneiders for what it's worth.

Both Amadeus and Schneiders can be a tad long. A size 50 (european) can be more like a 42 US

farooqm

Reaction score
thanks Horton, would you put it at say a Hugo Boss level? Also with the fit you said a tad long, is that in length only or also in the chest, waist?

horton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farooqm
thanks Horton, would you put it at say a Hugo Boss level? Also with the fit you said a tad long, is that in length only or also in the chest, waist?

Unfamiliar with Boss outerwear. If you're familiar with Schneiders, it's like that but a smidgin roomier. I think both Schneider's and Amadeus run long in the sleeves and in the length of coat.

If you're looking for trim European-style, I wouldn't look to Amadeus. They're nice but not trim fitting.

I've hear good things abou Allegri (but I don't own any; have only seen some). Sometimes you can find those at decent prices

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Schneider's was a noted Austrian maker. It's midlevel, however, compared to the more noted Italian and British makers discussed here?

horton

Reaction score
I think you should check them out and compare and contrast for yourself.

Schneiders is an excellent coat. When you're in Boston you should swing by Louis Boston and then comment on the coats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics