Am I the only one here who avoids Zara, Mexx and H&M like the plague?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BestInTheWorld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. BestInTheWorld

BestInTheWorld Member

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the stuff they have are well fitted as I am slim, but I can't help but talk myself out of buying something after looking at the composition of materials and seeing the price tag. I've bought some colored tees before but that's about it. Lots of poor stitching in general and lots of viscose, rayon and polyester. Maybe I'm a snob, but I only stick with 100% wool and cotton. No more blends for me.

The fit for Mexx, for me, is better than Zara and especially H&M. Again, the dress shirts and button down casuals are really average IMO, and comparable to Zara and H&M. I basically stick with higher end brands, not necessarily very high end or designer, but brands that a lot of people can't genuinely afford (if bought new). I like my JCREW, GAP's 1969 line, and Club Monaco. The fit and fabrics for JCREW and Club Monaco, for me, is far and away leagues above H&M and Zara. Gap's 1969's quality is very good and usually, I can find things in my size and on sale which really helps.

Anyone else think Zara and H&M aren't that great and avoid even walking in these stores?

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Everyone on this forum.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I'm with ya brah! fucking zara/mexx/h&m are garbage!

21men 4 life yo! :slayer:

4. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

Agree at Zara and H&M, but I thought Mexx was ok. Have a great jacket from them I got a couple years ago, and maybe a sweater too. Totally waaaaaaay better quality than H&M, by far!

5. Mardi

Mardi Member

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I haven't shopped at H&M in years but I don't mind Zara if their items are on sale. One of my favorite casual, light jackets is from Zara and it gets a lot of compliments.

7. BestInTheWorld

BestInTheWorld Member

Well, I went into a Zara yesterday and came across their "Black Label" items like blazers and a few other things. I noticed their blazers are actually made of 100 or 88% wool which is a relief. Out of curiosity, I put on a dark blue/navy blazer and it looked good and draped well and the fit was perfect. I was VERY tempted to buy it, but I had no money on me lol

Anyways, how is their BL line?

I am not a fan of Forever 21 either. That crap is a league below H&M and Zara IMO. Not a fan of their poly blends and pretty anything they sell, besides their basic plain colored T-shirts.

I don't consider myself a brand whore or brand snob, but anything made by GAP, BR (sometimes), Club Monaco, JCREW, Scotch and Soda, Diesel, are more or less great quality. I dont fret over purchases from these brands/stores as I am VERY confident that they will be durable and last a good while.

8. wojt

wojt Senior member

I have Mexx outlet nearby and I sometimes grab basic tees anywhere from 6 to 12$ , they are slim fitting and some are long enough never bought anything else
    I guess they are good for a casual piece from time to time(tees, field jackets etc) not blazers, shirts etc

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I don't know Mexx at all. From the name I should think they'd be selling stuff like ponchos, serapes, huaraches and sombreros, but from other comments, I don't think this is the case.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

OP, kill yourself.

11. andypagenow

andypagenow New Member

That crap is a league below H&M and Zara IMO. Not a fan of their poly blends and pretty anything they sell, besides their basic plain colored T-shirts.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

12. wojt

wojt Senior member

loool
    in any case it's eurotrash not mexican

13. Pennys Boat

Pennys Boat Member

some of Zara's stuff is ok

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Zara is cheap but their products look okish...

Good for casual stuff or trousers/jackets for the summer..