1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yachtie, Jul 24, 2006.

1. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Over the years I've had a couple of DB (6x2)suits made with vests for freezing Midwest winters. I generally have had the gorge cut so the top 1 1/2 to 2" of the vest shows. Now,I have seen 3 pc. DB's where the vest line follows the line of the jacket lapel and therefore can't be seen except on edge. Am I missing something?I'm planning on having some more made and I'm wondering why someone has a vest made that can't be seen.

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I like to see one button (the top, of course) of a vest with a DB suit. Depending on how the coat's fronts are cut, that might require a slightly higher vest than one would normally make. Since high vests tend to to look bad with SB coats (especially if the coat's button stance is low), most tend to make a vest with a deeper opening. They probably just don't adjust the pattern for DB. If I were you, I would stick to your current practice, though 2" might be a bit much for my taste.

Of course, even if you can't see it, a vest is still nice with a DB in winter, and gives you a litle air of formality when you take your coat off in your office.

3. yachtie

yachtie Senior member