1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Am I missing something about men's dress shoes?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Alpha11, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

I really did not think that this thread would have sparked so many different points of view. The opus of my OP was that I was a little perplex that men in my city would choose the kind of shoes in the submitted photo to wear with a business suit.

Which to me defeats the whole purpose of wearing one. The only reason(s) I could come up with was either they did not know better, did not care, or was under the impression that wearing dress shoes ( not boots) was a painful experience and choose said shoes for comfort.

Additionally, my girlfriend was under the impression that I might be missing out on an opportunity to stay relevant with the new fashion style and wanted me to have a pair.

I own 13 pair of AE, 2 pair of Alden, 3 pair of Crockett and Jones ( by way of Brooks Brothers Peal & Co) and 1 pair of Edward Green Oxford shoes. I also own two pairs of "dress" boots a pair of EG, and a pair of CJ cordovan shell. And would NOT consider Red Wings an option to wear with a suit which was the purpose of my post, meaning what shoes should one wear with a suit.

2. firefit

firefit Senior member

Comfortable is the key word. Since most men don't know their shoe sizes, it's understandable why they wear those shoes instead. Unless they got their feet fitted by an master shoe fitter.... that is. If they got fitted, I'm sure AE lasts would sure as hell be comfortable, as long as they are wearing the best last for their feet. But a lot of people I've talked to didn't even know that master shoe fitters existed, which isn't entirely surprising.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.