• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Am I Gay?

avalemik

Reaction score
Let me give you a background
I go to school at UC Merced =/
it's not so bad
I'm only 18, i don't have an exorbitant amount of money like many other people here, but i can still buy KMW jeans
and i buy a high amount of perry ellis and express dress shirts just for variety and because they look nice to me, i know its not the best quality but i like having enough quantity (30 dress shirts to be exact)
feel free to critique
maybe i should be buying 50-80 dollar dress shirts instead of less expensive ones even though ill end up having less dress shirts
I dress in dress shirts not tucked in, selvedge jeans or dress pants, and nice clean white sneakers nike/creative recreation

Just today walking to the cafeteria, I noticed the guy in front of me, about the same age.
I noticed he was wearing a dress shirt and black pants. I sometimes also wear a nice conservative white dress shirt with some type of stripes not tucked in, which is important to me because if you tuck your shirt in it just says your a teacher or something like your uptight or just odd because a dress shirt is only casual if you leave it untucked. And some nice clean black pants.
He was also wearing some creative recreation black sneakers i believe dicoco, the ones with the straps which sometimes i question whether i should wear these because the velcro straps also seem questionable to me, but these were very clean and looked excellent
He was clean shaven and had excellent style without looking metro sexual, overall very sophisticated
=)
Now I was thinking how would it be to introduce myself to him just based on the passion for dress
also I was not dress perfectly at the time, I had some helmut lang jeans, a perry ellis dress shirt, and some clean nike air force sneakers. So I may have had some questionable style compared to him, because i could tell his shirt was better than a perry ellis shirt.
its funny to think
but i was also thinking about my recent haircut, and i may get turned down because the fade was cut too short, so the barber messed it all up.
I don't think im guy but do you guys think its weird that I would like to meet him just because we have the same interest in clothes?
I was "really feeling his style"
which i definitely do like girls, but i cannot deny how perfectly he had his dress down.
I mean I would definitely say nothing could be improved in my taste for general street wear
maybe ill see him again, and ill definitely say something!!! =)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, you're gay. not that there's anything wrong with that.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are young people today literate?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tuck in shirts and shine my shoes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
did you do all this with a mouth full of someone else's semen? this will shed some light.

Originally Posted by avalemik
it's not so bad
I'm only 18, i don't have an exorbitant amount of money like many other people here, but i can still buy KMW jeans
and i buy a high amount of perry ellis and express dress shirts just for variety and because they look nice to me, i know its not the best quality but i like having enough quantity (30 dress shirts to be exact)
feel free to critique
maybe i should be buying 50-80 dollar dress shirts instead of less expensive ones even though ill end up having less dress shirts
I dress in dress shirts not tucked in, selvedge jeans or dress pants, and nice clean white sneakers nike/creative recreation

Just today walking to the cafeteria, I noticed the guy in front of me, about the same age.
I noticed he was wearing a dress shirt and black pants. I sometimes also wear a nice conservative white dress shirt with some type of stripes not tucked in, which is important to me because if you tuck your shirt in it just says your a teacher or something like your uptight or just odd because a dress shirt is only casual if you leave it untucked. And some nice clean black pants.
He was also wearing some creative recreation black sneakers i believe dicoco, the ones with the straps which sometimes i question whether i should wear these because the velcro straps also seem questionable to me, but these were very clean and looked excellent
He was clean shaven and had excellent style without looking metro sexual, overall very sophisticated
=)
Now I was thinking how would it be to introduce myself to him just based on the passion for dress
also I was not dress perfectly at the time, I had some helmut lang jeans, a perry ellis dress shirt, and some clean nike air force sneakers. So I may have had some questionable style compared to him, because i could tell his shirt was better than a perry ellis shirt.
its funny to think
but i was also thinking about my recent haircut, and i may get turned down because the fade was cut too short, so the barber messed it all up.
I don't think im guy but do you guys think its weird that I would like to meet him just because we have the same interest in clothes?
which i definitely do like girls, but i cannot deny how perfectly he had his dress down.
I mean I would definitely say nothing could be improved in my taste for general street wear

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's not so bad
feel free to critique

=)
its funny to think

so basically you experienced a real world version of styleforum?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have sex with a man. If you enjoy it you might be gay.

If you have sex with a woman and also enjoy that, then you're bi and have the best of both worlds.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that sort of situation is gay then I'm queerer than a three dollar bill.

avalemik

Reaction score
lol i just did this for a laugh
down to the diction of my speech =D

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I didn't read your badly formated text but it doesn't matter; if you're here, you're queer.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol i just did this for a laugh
down to the diction of my speech =D

It's too late. You're now officially one of teh gheys.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40