• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I damaging my hems?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
My RRDS' are a 34" inseam so I have them cuffed a good 2 inches so they wouldn't get stepped on. I read that after creases start forming they'll get somewhat shorter. Makes sense. Well I have a decent amout of creasing going on, especially behind the knee, but I am starting to notice some heavy wear by my heels. Doesn't look like I am stepping on them per say, but they are at least dragging on the floor. Of course it depends on which sneakers I wear, but I am not sure what to do. As long as I am not stepping on them they should hold up right? Once I wash them I may not have to cuff them at all - I mean I'd even hem them once they've shrunk if they're still too long. Advice? Please.

Reaction score
How about a 3" cuff?
nod[1].gif

Reaction score
3" is not for everyone, to be sure. But to me, it is the only proper length for a cuff. It's the magic number. (No more, no less)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
3" is not for everyone, to be sure. But to me, it is the only proper length for a cuff. It's the magic number. (No more, no less)

According to who if you dont mind? Incidentally, before I had my jeans hemmed I cuffed them around 3inches (prob a bit more).

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Anything to avoid looking like I was attacked by that 'parking lot ankle slasher' dude.

Reaction score
DE LA SOUL and GET SMART/Marlon Brando:
Originally Posted by gs
i'm into the rockabilly/50s rocknroll scene so "no", 2-4" cuffs are pretty standard here's classic brando with about a 3" cuff....but i dont cuff them that high, i like my jeans to end with no break, just at the ankle
thewildone.jpg

Cuffs are color-blind.

familyman

Reaction score
I double cuff mine. Either really dorky or just different, I'm not sure but I don't rock the 3-4 inch cuff. Looks fine with topsiders. When I don't have my topsiders on I'm wearing my boots and then I uncuff and stack. I'd try to adjust things so you don't wear a hole in your pants 2 inches above the hem. At least adjust the cuff a bit with different shoes to try and prevent the wear from happening in just one spot.

ts4them

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the big single cuff myself (although I've never measured). I hate the small cuffs.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Flip up 1", then flip up another 2". Done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads