Am I damaging my hems?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JoMak_NYC, Sep 6, 2006.

1. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

My RRDS' are a 34" inseam so I have them cuffed a good 2 inches so they wouldn't get stepped on. I read that after creases start forming they'll get somewhat shorter. Makes sense. Well I have a decent amout of creasing going on, especially behind the knee, but I am starting to notice some heavy wear by my heels. Doesn't look like I am stepping on them per say, but they are at least dragging on the floor. Of course it depends on which sneakers I wear, but I am not sure what to do. As long as I am not stepping on them they should hold up right? Once I wash them I may not have to cuff them at all - I mean I'd even hem them once they've shrunk if they're still too long. Advice? Please.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

3. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

4. denimdestroyedmylife

3" is not for everyone, to be sure. But to me, it is the only proper length for a cuff. It's the magic number. (No more, no less)

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

3" is not for everyone, to be sure. But to me, it is the only proper length for a cuff. It's the magic number. (No more, no less)

According to who if you dont mind? Incidentally, before I had my jeans hemmed I cuffed them around 3inches (prob a bit more).

6. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

Anything to avoid looking like I was attacked by that 'parking lot ankle slasher' dude.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

DE LA SOUL and GET SMART/Marlon Brando:
    i'm into the rockabilly/50s rocknroll scene so "no", 2-4" cuffs are pretty standard here's classic brando with about a 3" cuff....but i dont cuff them that high, i like my jeans to end with no break, just at the ankle [​IMG]
    Cuffs are color-blind.

8. familyman

familyman Senior member

I double cuff mine. Either really dorky or just different, I'm not sure but I don't rock the 3-4 inch cuff. Looks fine with topsiders. When I don't have my topsiders on I'm wearing my boots and then I uncuff and stack. I'd try to adjust things so you don't wear a hole in your pants 2 inches above the hem. At least adjust the cuff a bit with different shoes to try and prevent the wear from happening in just one spot.

9. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

I'm a fan of the big single cuff myself (although I've never measured). I hate the small cuffs.

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Flip up 1", then flip up another 2". Done.