Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Am I considered cheap if I use a coupon on a date?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Davidko19, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I wouldn't use one on the first date, but if i couldn't go to the place otherwise, I'd consider being smooth about it, and simply slipping it in with your credit card.

Pretty easy to do:

fold up the coupon and slip it behind your CC in your wallet, and then just put both in the folder as seamlessly as possible.

2. StandupTJ

StandupTJ Active Member

I dont think ive ever used a coupon anywhere. Maybe a gift card, but a coupon? Im not an 80 year old woman. If I did, there is NO WAY i would use it on a first, second, or third date for that matter. I look at it the same way as when people come in and run up a huge bill and try and save money by not tipping. If you cant afford to go there, pay full price, and tip, then you shouldnt be going there anyway.
    Im sure there is a Chili's, Applebees or something along those lines that do that 2 people can eat for $20 thing somewhere in your town you can take her to. Makes you look less cheap, and you get out for half the price. But you also have to take your first date to Chili's; and unless this is your Junior Prom you should have just used a coupon at a nicer place, because chicken crispers dont equal poon-tang where im from..

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

thats a little aggressive. not everyone can afford Per se, nor do they necessarily have to go to chilis.

But I agree, I can't say I've ever really used a coupon.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Alfalfa Romeo.
    FTFY
    If you took a girl out for dinner on a first date, and used a coupon, what is the over/under her and her girlfriends are laughing at you the next day?
    Guaranteed
    While I do not share their view, I believe the pro-coupon people are attempting to argue that using the coupon does not make you look cheap and even if it does, who would want to bump uglies with someone that would think this for using a coupon? Much better to go home alone and use your coupon holding hands to take care of business. [​IMG] Again, I think it makes you look cheap, just trying to verbalize their position.
    The original question was specified as "date" and not "first date". I can't image anyone being stupid enough to use anything other than a very minor coupon on a first date (something they send you in your email or some such).

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Pro-coupon group is looking at this logically and rationally.

Women are not logical or rational.

First date should not be paid for with a coupon if you are going out with a woman.

6. olualbert

olualbert Senior member

you've got to kidding me..is this some kind of rhetorical question? lol

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Most of the time my dinner date is under the table sucking my cawk before the bill comes.
    Problem solved.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Most of the time my dinner date is under the table sucking my cawk before the bill comes. Problem solved.
    Leave it to Rube to come in and clean this mess up

9. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

Established relationship only. First few dates, something like this gives her a reason, even a minor one, to think ill of you. And you can bet your ass she'll tell her friends. But times being what they are, it's a fair question.

10. urymoto

urymoto Well-Known Member

i cannot belive ppl are taking this question seriously....

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Most of the time my dinner date is under the table sucking my cawk before the bill comes.
    Problem solved.

I also ask my dates if they accept coupons as payment for sechs.

12. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Assuming this isn't a troll thread, suggest that you very carefully pre-explain (probably under the guise of expiring gift certificate) or very subtly slip the coupon in/pick up the tab on the way back from the bathroom and say 'oh i sorted it out while i was up'.

On the whole, I'd say don't do it on a first date, once you know the girl, and she knows what youre really like (assuming stingy fucker is not what you're really like, nor what she really likes), then go ahead.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

If its something small then it really shouldn't matter. A Groupon, probably not, but if you take her to Panera and they've emailed you a coupon for a free pastry, why not?

14. EMY

EMY Senior member

When Jamba Juice had buy one get one free, I picked 2 up and surprised my girl. Not a coupon, but I don't think I was cheap.

edit: Actually, I think I did have to print out a coupon...

15. Ben85

Ben85 Senior member

When Jamba Juice had buy one get one free, I picked 2 up and surprised my girl. Not a coupon, but I don't think I was cheap.

2 for 1, nothing wrong with that at all.