• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am i blind?

robbietor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by khalidr
It says that the color is "black suede," but they look dark brown to me....what do you think?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...5&ci_sku=N0750

First impression, was black...

but on the zoom and a closer look it's just baffling, it's a tough call... they do seem to have a hint of brown but maybe it's the picture quality and the suede not being too photogenic.

Nice shoe anyhow.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could be that the dark grey stitching is throwing everything off, could also be one of those computer coloring errors.

khalidr

Reaction score
man...I'd get them right now if I could see their color in person. there's a Ferragamo store 45 min north of where I live...I think I may go and check out it there. what do u guys think of it style wise?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are black. Suede never shows up as dark as leather or what have you. Plus the color option that Neimans offers is Nero, which is Ferragamo lingo for black.

khalidr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
They are black. Suede never shows up as dark as leather or what have you. Plus the color option that Neimans offers is Nero, which is Ferragamo lingo for black.
Wow...talk about an expert ahah! It's amazing how simple these shoes are, but how scarce seem to be. This is one of the only elongated penny loafers I have been able to find.

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
It's dark brown, I'm looking at it on a color corrected 23" Apple Cinema display, it's a VERY dark chocolate brown

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
I copied the picture into Photoshop and did a color sample, here is a block of the color...

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard accurately capturing the color of suede in pictures can be difficult, maybe that has something to do with it.

wind88

Reaction score
They look very brown to me as well. I guess its hard to tell the color of suede in pictures.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdg137

Reaction score
On my calibrated monitor, they look dark brown-- but the original image may indeed be off...

CatsEyes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano

Actually, Nero is Italian for black. It's no lingo.

Like others, I really can't tell. It *looks* dark brown, but I can equally well imagine it being black.

Why not check with the store? Or check their return policy for such things?

khalidr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CatsEyes
Actually, Nero is Italian for black. It's no lingo.

Like others, I really can't tell. It *looks* dark brown, but I can equally well imagine it being black.

Why not check with the store? Or check their return policy for such things?

ya, it seems like that's what I'll have to do. I was going to go yesterday, but it was pouring and they close in a couple of hours today...so I'll go next weekend and update and what color they actually are ahah. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for black!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads