• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alternatives to Ralph Lauren socks (size 6 UK feet)?

iloveshirts

Reaction score
The first time I wear Ralph Lauren socks they are amazing. The bright colours, the way the don’t bunch up/fall down to my ankle is a sight to behold. However, after a few washes, the colour fades and they loose all of their elasticity making them pretty much unwearable.

Are there any sock manufactures who make bright colourful socks which do stand the test of time? I have been recommended Falke - are they any good?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your replies.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Falke, Palatino, Bresciani and Mazarin are a good starting point.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Corgi is great for casual/colorful socks and I find that they age rather well. You might want to check the way you wash your socks though, that might be part of the problem.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
Corgi is great for casual/colorful socks and I find that they age rather well. You might want to check the way you wash your socks though, that might be part of the problem.

I will have a look at Corgi right now. And I concede that is a very good point. If I may ask, what is the ideal way to wash ones socks?

iloveshirts

Reaction score

I’ve had a quick look. Corgi is so very charming... I’m very tempted!

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I’ve had a quick look. Corgi is so very charming... I’m very tempted!
Glad you liked the suggestion. I am in no way an expert, I just tend to wash everything in the most delicate way. 30 degrees (Celsius), 400-700 spins, for one hour.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
Glad you liked the suggestion. I am in no way an expert, I just tend to wash everything in the most delicate way. 30 degrees (Celsius), 400-700 spins, for one hour.

I’ll give that a go. I usually wash my socks at 40 degrees. That’s where I have possibly been going wrong.

Thank you once again for your Corgi recommendation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads