1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

alternative to adjustable side tabs....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Toiletduck, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Hi guys,

Just yesterday I saw a pair of trousers with one adjustable tab right at the back of the trousers. I remember seeing this before but I'm never seen them mentioned on this forum. I thought it looked very interesting...do tailors offer this feature on their pants?

anyone have thoughts/experience/opinions on this?

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

.do tailors offer this feature on their pants?

Sure, but it's not that popular. I had it on a pair of trousers when I was a kid and I recall that it could be uncomfortable when seated.

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

These are really not very functional by themselves, and usually they are found on trousers made to be worn with braces. I don't like them either, because of their tendency to dig into the back.

4. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I think I know what you're talking about. The fishtailed high back trousers from the 1930s?

5. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

i dont think they necessarily fishtail. The pair i saw were like plain side tab ones except with one back tab. I guess it was a modern take on that. does anyone know the proper name to this feature so i can google? [​IMG]

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Rear adjustable buckle. They're not uncommon. Even Gucci had some trousers with them a couplk eseasons back.

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

More normally associated with trousers cut for braces & having a plain waistband.

Two side adjusters are preferable about on or tothe rear of the hips.

8. gza

gza Senior member

Known as a buckle- or cinchback, they're also a classic feature on jeans, especially those made for workers. As for non-denim trousers, I've only seen them on designer stuff.

I agree they can be uncomfortable.

9. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Only seen such a thing once, on a pair of vintage trousers from the 40s.