1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Altering sleeves on a casual blazer

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Spaceman Spliff, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Spaceman Spliff

Spaceman Spliff Active Member

I have a casual, unstructured blazer made from cotton. It has stitching around the cuffs. I took it to a tailor and he said that, if he were to shorten the sleeves, he'd have to pull the stitching out and you'd be able to see the holes from where the stitching used to be because the material is cotton (as opposed to the traditional wool that most blazers would be made from). Thus, he urged me not to mess with the sleeves.
    I'm inclined to trust the guy because he's otherwise a good tailor, but wanted to get a second opinion here. Should I shorten the sleeves? Are the sleeves of a casual blazer supposed to be well-tailored the way you would with a regular blazer or should it be worn "casually" (i.e. untailored)?
    This is the blazer in case you guys wanna see it. It's from Club Monaco.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Not possible to shortern it from the shoulder rather than cuff then?