altering shape of lapel, esp peaked lapel

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mack11211, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Dear Forumites: Looking at a couple of Polo suits. Here's one of them: Polo DB suit I'm trying to date it....Polo and Mark Shale labels suggest 80's [correct?] My question is, how do the lapels look. Â They aren't current, obviously, but then the question is for what purpose I need the suit. Â Work is teaching; I'm not in the custom of wearing two piece suits for that. Â So it would be a special occasion item. The lapels for me recall something from the 30s. Â But if I wanted to get them reduced, would it be possible? Â How much might it be? Â I live in NYC. yours mack11211

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

This probably belongs in another subforum [​IMG] There shouldn't be any problem with getting the lapels reduced. It might cost you a bit, since the alteration essentially requires the undoing of the edge stitching and trimming of the inside canvas and lapel points, and stitching everything back up again.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Moved to clothing.

4. j

The lapels look normal and classic to me. It is probably around mid 80s judging by the label. I like it.

5. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I have no idea whether altering the shape of the lapel is possible, but I just wanted to say that I like that suit very much. I wouldn't change a thing - the lapels look great to me.

6. j

I don't think you could alter the lapels if there are buttonholes in them. If not, maybe, but with them, it would be pretty much impossible.