1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

altering pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by esquire., Nov 23, 2004.

1. esquire.

esquire. Distinguished Member

My pants look fine when I'm standing up. They're right on the waist, and they break on the shoes. The pants are fine as long as I stand up. However, when I sit down, they become uncomfortable. They become too tight in that special area. Can a tailor fix this?

Is this a problem with the rise being too short or long?

And, would Lands End be the equivalent of a Jantzen for pants?

2. johnw86

johnw86 Senior Member

If the fit problem is with Lands' End dress slacks, that would mirror my experience with them (not custom, just their regular catalog).  The regular rise seems to have an extremely high waist, and if you buy a short rise, it's a very short rise.  I've also tried their dress chinos and found them to be cut quite slim.  

[I bought two pair of year-rounders several years ago, and wore them for a while (they were essentially free--credit card reward program), but didn't replace them because of fit issues.]

If the fit problem is with all of your pants, it sounds like they may be a bit small in the behind, so that when you sit down, the fabric is pulled taut. Depending on the pants, a tailor might be able to let them out and that might help.