1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Altering jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Dec 23, 2004.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Can jeans be taken in at the waist, like trousers can? How much would this cost, and it is economical to do so? I have a couple of pairs of Diesels that are too big (their sizing is all over the place.) and would love for them to fit.

Thanks,

Dan

2. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

There seem to be two strategies for jeans:

1. Darts. As far as I know, this is easy to do. Personally, I think the results are mixed.

2. Cutting the waistband and opening the back seam to take in whatever's needed, then putting the pants back together again. The tailor has to have the right sewing machines to make this work, but it shouldn't be especially expensive.

Hope this helps.

3. demeis

demeis Senior member

Yes they can but from what i've heard it weakens the jeans because the tailors altering the construction of the jeans so they will never be as strong as they were when you bought them.

4. stache

stache Senior member

If they can go in enough to make a new buttonhole at the waistband, that's the best way to go. It's a more expensive alteration but if you start messing around with the waistband in the back it usually dips down and looks bad, imo.