• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

altering clothing

lwong01

Reaction score
Can you alter any material of clothing? I’m a short guy and a lot of pants I like are way too long or large around the waist, can you only alter certain materials? For example the pleated trousers from Issey Miyake or cotton trousers

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you alter any material of clothing? I’m a short guy and a lot of pants I like are way too long or large around the waist, can you only alter certain materials? For example the pleated trousers from Issey Miyake or cotton trousers
By altering, you mean things like cuffs, sleeve shortening, taking in/letting out? Because if so, with the exception of like....rubber, I can't imagine you couldn't do so with any material. If you mean something entirely outside the norm here, then of course I don't know. But you know, standard tailoring.

You certainly can with cotton, wool, polyester, and other common materials for men's wear.

You might get into some trouble with leather, but at least certain things can be done with leather.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milesmilesmiles