• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alterations tailors in London

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KS tailoring Savile Row.

Khan is a great Savile Row garment doctor and quite reasonable, tell him I sent you.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
People always used to recommend Thomas Tailor on Lexington Street but he's not there anymore and has been replaced by Pinnas and Needles. I have given them a go, but not with anything major, and they seem very competent and fairly quick.

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris
People always used to recommend Thomas Tailor on Lexington Street but he's not there anymore and has been replaced by Pinnas and Needles. I have given them a go, but not with anything major, and they seem very competent and fairly quick.

Very sad to hear that Thomas has shut up shop, I got to know him quite well, but hadn't needed any alterations for a while so had no reason to visit him. Please keep us updated with the standard of work of his replacement.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There's a new chain called SEW - mainly in North London - but also Victoria. They did a good job tailoring a coat for me (£45). They also claim to be able to make a mtm suit for £365.
http://www.sewandgo.co.uk/

My experience with them is, they do a good job BUT they are very slow and I needed to remortgage mine and my parents house to pay for it.

AndyMG

Reaction score
I've heard of an alterations tailor close to Regent Street called Pinnas and Needles.

I've never used them, so can't vouch for their work personally, but they might be worth a look.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been using Pinnas and Needles with good results. The two guys who run it are very affable. They are well priced and turnaround times are good.

E TF

Reaction score
There's a new chain called SEW - mainly in North London - but also Victoria. They did a good job tailoring a coat for me (£45). They also claim to be able to make a mtm suit for £365.
http://www.sewandgo.co.uk/

My experience with them is, they do a good job BUT they are very slow and I needed to remortgage mine and my parents house to pay for it.

I've only ever used them for simple things like hemming trousers and altering waists but they were quick enough and reasonably priced.

antipode

Reaction score
Pinnas and Needles are great. I had a couple of pairs of trousers made less slim (they were unbelievably slim to begin with...) and a jacket taken in/shaped, a coat sleeve lengthened, and a jacket sleeve lengthened. It was all done very very nicely.
I think my jacket alterations cost about £70 (including taking the patch pockets off and most of the other seams...). They got a great line through my waist with that. The other jobs were much less. Seemed very good value to me. Hard to say exactly how much things cost me as I suspect they gave me a good price for doing the lot at once.
Nice people too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads