• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alterations Tailor in NYC for New Brioni Suit?

squid720

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've just bought a new Brioni suit, and I'll worried it is going to be just a tad tight around the chest when it comes. It will also need the waist taken out an inch or 1.5 inches. I bought it online, and I want to take it somewhere in NYC to have the alterations done. Given the choice, I'd like to take it to the Brioni store. Does anyone know if the Brioni store will accept Brioni suits purchased elsewhere for alterations? I have heard some say yes and some say no to this question, but haven't heard anything recently. Would it change things if I have purchased things from the Brioni store in the past?

If Brioni won't take it, who is the best alterations tailor in NYC? I do not really care how much the alterations cost, as long as the tailor is the most skilled person that can be found. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer me.

-Scott

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brioni will not take in a suit that you purchased online. You can take the suit to Bhambi, they did the tailoring for the old Borrelli boutique, among other stores. They will be pricey and the alterations could very well cost you as much as the suit. The other option is Wilfreds on 30 something street. They are good as long as you get measured by Wilfred (not even sure that is his name actually). Either way. for chest, waist etc except around $200 at least. I will say to you again what I said in the other thread, for what you are spending and settling for, look into getting something made.

squid720

Reaction score

Brioni will not take in a suit that you purchased online. You can take the suit to Bhambi, they did the tailoring for the old Borrelli boutique, among other stores. They will be pricey and the alterations could very well cost you as much as the suit. The other option is Wilfreds on 30 something street. They are good as long as you get measured by Wilfred (not even sure that is his name actually). Either way. for chest, waist etc except around $200 at least. I will say to you again what I said in the other thread, for what you are spending and settling for, look into getting something made.

Thanks for your advice. Would Bhambi cost more than $300? What about LS Mens' Clothing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads