1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alterations Tailor in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by California Dreamer, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

I was pleased with the work done by the tailor under Narau house. I forget the boss's name but his 2IC Olga is a stout Russian woman with that no-fuss touch that makes you feel confident that she knows what she's doing. Wait was one week for cuff lengthened and sides of jacket tapered. I expect they would do it quicker if time's an issue.

2. aldordor

aldordor Member

Katrina's is great. i just had half a dozen shirts taken in at the waist (side seams, darts), and expect to do another half dozen there.

May I ask how much did it cost you (or anyone, in this matter) to have those shirts taken in? I'm also looking to do the same for a couple of my shirts. Thanks in advance! Been looking for a reasonably good tailor in melbourne from sometime now..

Stumbled upon this thread in my research for a good tailor around Melbourne from Google. Great thread, indeed! It's cool that Melbournians are keeping it real down here at SF.

3. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

May I ask how much did it cost you (or anyone, in this matter) to have those shirts taken in? I'm also looking to do the same for a couple of my shirts. Thanks in advance! Been looking for a reasonably good tailor in melbourne from sometime now..

Stumbled upon this thread in my research for a good tailor around Melbourne from Google. Great thread, indeed! It's cool that Melbournians are keeping it real down here at SF.

About a fortnight ago I got some darts put in a shirt for $14 from memory. I am sure if you take in a few you'd get a fair discount.

4. aldordor

aldordor Member

About a fortnight ago I got some darts put in a shirt for $14 from memory. I am sure if you take in a few you'd get a fair discount.
    Much appreciated. Will definitely be checking the place out and see how I go. Any experience on the altering of jackets and coats? Recently thrifted a plaid flannel coat that would definitely need to be taken in on its arm hole and side seams.

5. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I have nothing but good things to say, same with other Melbourne based members. Flick through the Australian Members thread for more endorsements.

6. mistermisterau

mistermisterau Member

Just checking for any recent recommendations for Katrina's before I call and book in a jacket alteration.

7. journal

journal Member

Same here. Any recent impressions of Katrina's? I have a suit jacket needing slight alterations and the pants need hemming, taking in and tapering.

8. pasey25

pasey25 Well-Known Member

i've used them for a couple of things this year. they've been pretty good. not cheap though. couple of things I've had them adjust but the workmanship has been fine.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

Look/search/ask on the Australian Members* thread.

* we all have big members.