• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto

gj555

Reaction score
Can any of the Torontonians on the forum recommend an alterations tailor in downtown Toronto. In particular, I am looking for a tailor within the following boundaries: University, Yonge, Queen and Front. I have tailors that I use in other parts of the city and I am not looking for one outside this downtown zone. The job is not complicated and only requires cleaning up some pants just below the rear. Thanks.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but mine are not in that area and I have no one to recommend. If it's a simple job though, I suspect any decent alterations tailor in the financial district can do it. If you're truly hard pressed to find one, go to the concierge desk in any hotel there like the Royal York or Hilton and ask them, I'm sure they will refer you. That said, why be so geographically constrained?

gj555

Reaction score
I don't have time to go to a tailor on the weekend for the next little while and would like to have pants altered. I work downtown so going during the work week somewhere near work is my best bet for getting them done. Problem is I don't know any alterations tailors in the financial district. Lots of MTM and men's stores so I may just call around and ask if they will do alterations.

CBDB

Reaction score
I've used the tailor at Robert Jones in the Royal Bank lpaza concourse and was quite pleased. Good work and reasonably priced.

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
I've used the tailor at Robert Jones in the Royal Bank lpaza concourse and was quite pleased. Good work and reasonably priced.

I agree thay they do good work and charge good prices. But, for reasons I am not going to share, I will not take clothes there to alter anymore.

On a positive note, after trying on the pants again, I don't know what I was thinking. They only need cuffs and no work is required in the seat are. Cuffs can be done anywhere...

goffeebeans

Reaction score
Didnt want to make another thread, so just decided to bump this one up.

I'm looking to get some alterations done on suits (sleeves and collar) and pants, as well as some coat alterations (sides taken in, sleeves, and coat length shortened).

Can anyone whos had similar work done recommend a possible tailor.

coiol

Reaction score
I get everything done at Parviz tailoring at Yonge and St. Joseph. It's on the second floor and isn't too obvious from street level. He gets things done quickly and does a good job, and the prices are fair. I don't know as much about minute details as other people on this forum, but as far as my eye can tell the quality is good.

afson

Reaction score
Hi
My name is afson andi do altration.I pick up the stuff and drop them off again no matter where in the city of toronto.I live and work 5 min from down town.YOU CAN MAIL ME YOUR# AND I CALL YOU

houserichichi

Reaction score
I can't recall the name of the tailor but there's a fantastic one in the little "plaza" that has the LV store near it on Bloor. Somewhere around Avenue and Bloor. I really wish I could be more help than that but I have had great luck with them the few times I've been in TO looking for alterations. If I can turn up a business card I will be sure to pass along a proper address.

suladj

Reaction score
The tailor near LV on Bloor is Antonio's. They are in the Colonnade building (131 Bloor W) on the 2nd floor, and their ph is 416.413.1661.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coiol
I get everything done at Parviz tailoring at Yonge and St. Joseph. It's on the second floor and isn't too obvious from street level. He gets things done quickly and does a good job, and the prices are fair. I don't know as much about minute details as other people on this forum, but as far as my eye can tell the quality is good.

Just an update for 2009. Parviz is no longer there, but the shop lives on. Before leaving Canada to return to his native country several months ago, Parviz hand-picked his successor; a man named Ali.
He does very good work. A friend of mine has already tried him out several times for suit alterations (jacket & pants cuffs & jacket length shortening). Having seen my friends' beautifully altered suits, I intend on giving Ali a try in the near future & will show you 'before & after' pics when the time comes.

LeMat

Reaction score
I just dropped off a suit for alteration there. It's at the cross of the T-junction at Yonge and St. Joseph --- where St. Joseph East would be if it carried through Yonge instead of stopping. Now called "Alian" or something similar. Large circular burgundy crest on the sign. White plastic "ALTERATIONS" sign in the window.

I'll keep you posted.

torontolaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeMat
I just dropped off a suit for alteration there. It's at the cross of the T-junction at Yonge and St. Joseph --- where St. Joseph East would be if it carried through Yonge instead of stopping. Now called "Alian" or something similar. Large circular burgundy crest on the sign. White plastic "ALTERATIONS" sign in the window.

I'll keep you posted.

Bumping an old thread. How did it go? I'm considering that place to alter my wool coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics