1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alterations for jeans in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tradernick, Feb 27, 2010.

1. chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo New Member

I can see this is a somewhat dormant post, but stay away from Studio Kim. Here is my review from Yelp:

"Pay attention to the mixed reviews here.

I had a pair of jeans and two suits hemmed here.

Kim suggested I hem my pants for a skinny-leg look. Unfortunately she didn't/couldn't hem more than the legs, so it looks like I'm wearing a diaper for both suits.

She hemmed the arms on one suit too short. (Although she did hem the shoulder well, which is hard to do.) I wore this same suit for the first time today, and there is a cigarette burn-hole in the arm. Neither I, nor anyone I've had around the suit, smokes.

I will not be returning."

2. iAmSofaKing

iAmSofaKing Well-Known Member

How about sending them in to Denim Doctor? http://denimtherapy.com/ i a lot heard good reviews about them. Can anyone vouch for them? Looking to get my Samurais hemmed to a 34 from a 39

3. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Got a new pair of FH's and looking for a place to get them hemmed... Would prefer a chainstitch if possible?

Has anyone tried dutil's chainstitching service? Any other rec's? Thanks!

4. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

bump...

looking for a recommended place to get my denim chainstitched

5. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I hear Kim's (?) is good.

6. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Yeah, but after a bit of looking it up, it seems to have pretty mixed reviews... apparently after they got popular, their quality/effort dropped off a lot (and their prices jumped up too)

7. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Really?

What a disappointment.

8. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

Think I'll drop by Sydney's this weekend first to see if they resumed their chainstitching service.. if not, then i'll give Dutil a try

9. mistertailor

mistertailor Member

Just thought people would like to know, the tailor shop I work at is now offering chain-stitch hemming and alterations.... Quick turn around time, decent pricing... The shop is located near York university, but I'm located downtown Toronto and can arrange pick up and drop off

If you have any questions or are interested please feel free to contact me through the form and I can give you more contact info

Thanks, Jason.

10. steezy

steezy Well-Known Member

What's decent pricing? Dutil is charging $28 for chain stich hemming.

11. mistertailor

mistertailor Member

Well do it for 20$ that includes pick up and drop off if you're in the downtown area

12. mistertailor

mistertailor Member

If you wanna come by the shop were located at 4699 keele street (Raji's custom tailoring)

13. mistertailor

mistertailor Member

If you wanna come by the shop were located at 4699 keele street (Raji's custom tailoring)