Alpha Industries

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Humbucker, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

Does anyone have any experience with their stuff? How's the fit? I like the mil-inspired look, but if it's not slim-ish then it's not good for me. The M-65, Backfire, and Weston jackets are the ones I'm most interested in.

http://www.alphaindustries.com/subcat/1/1/

2. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with their stuff? How's the fit? I like the mil-inspired look, but if it's not slim-ish then it's not good for me. The M-65, Backfire, and Weston jackets are the ones I'm most interested in.

http://www.alphaindustries.com/subcat/1/1/

actually wearing an AI jacket right now...i think its call macgyver or something...

anyways, fit is good, IMO...slim fitting

im about 5'8, 150, fairly lean and a medium fits just about as perfect as i can expect

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The macgyver jacket is, I think, a more fashion-y oriented piece. Their standard M-65 (and any mil spec piece) is not slim. The Weston will probably be more fitted. A lot of Army/Navy stores will have Alpha's standard M-65. Good value, but again, large.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

i find alpha sizing to be very strange and unpredictable i had a bad experience with a short parka that went bad in under a month the quality is grievous i would steer clear UNLESS you can get an ALPHA REPLICA series on eBay (check CLOSEOUT WORLD ebay STORE) from what i understand, those are great near buzz rickson quality at a fraction of the price

5. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

actually wearing an AI jacket right now...i think its call macgyver or something...

anyways, fit is good, IMO...slim fitting

im about 5'8, 150, fairly lean and a medium fits just about as perfect as i can expect

Didn't this just come out last week? Where did you get it? Do you like it?

6. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

I bought a black hooded MA-1 a few months ago and I think it is okay for the price (I think it was about $150.) It's not Buzz Rickson but it's holding up fine so far.

It's not a slim fit style so not sure what to tell you about that. Here's a pic of me wearing it if that helps any.

7. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Didn't this just come out last week? Where did you get it? Do you like it?

i got it a while back at urban...

duno if ppl on SF hate on urban like SuFu folks

but yea, thats where i got it...it was also on sale on their website for like 60 bucks...

i like it a lot...fits very well...its a nice thinner jacket you can wear over some layers and its got a detachable hood so u can take taht off and wear a hoody underneath for a really layered look...although that combo might get a lil tight/warm

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Thanks for the response. I am going to check it out.

9. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

Hey guys sorry for resurecting and ancient topic but i recently discovered alpha industries and i want to know about the fit of their M65 field jacket.

Whats the sizing like?

10. esswhykay

esswhykay Senior member

Like ddml mentioned, sizing can be sketchy. For reference I'm 6'0" and 170# and I wear a small Alpha M-65. I also had a tailor slim down the sleeves.

For what it's worth it's been my beater winter jacket for the past 5 years and it's held up great. The quilted lining is highly recommended.

11. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

the quilted lining comes with it correct?

12. Chace

Chace Active Member

Tried on one of their jackets today, the quality seems similar to H&M's military inspired stuff and the sizing was large. Not too impressed for $150.

13. redpoppy

redpoppy Member

I'm thinking of picking up a N-3B Slim Fit Parka, I'm 5'9" and 150 - would a size M be good?