Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Almost as bad as shrinking your favorite shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nmulax, May 2, 2006.

1. nmulax

nmulax Member

I picked up a polo at Locoste this weekend, was doing some laundry this evening.. and without realizing it, threw the shirt in the dryer with my other clothes. It wasn't until I opened the dryer to put the next load in that I realized what I had done.
    I tried it on; the shirt ends right at my belt, so if I lift my arms... yeah, you notice my shirts too small. The sleeves also tightened up and it's almost uncomfortably tight around my biceps.
    So now I'm stuck with either an $80 shirt to wear while hanging out at home, or seeing if my gf has any interest in it.
    [​IMG]

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Shame. On the bright side, girls wearing your clothes can be rather pleasant.

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

Try soaking it and hanging it, might just get you back the length you need. Also, the arms will eventually stretch back from wear.

4. DNW

DNW Senior member

Yup, Lacoste shirts shrink like mad when you dry them in the drier. The wash tag says no tumble dry for a reason. Put your shirt up for sale here and you will probably recoup a big chuck of it. Just buy a size, or two, bigger next time and do the same think. They won't shrink anymore after that.

5. lapu lapu

lapu lapu Member

Someone at my apartment complex thought they were doing me a favor and threw one of my favorite Lacoste joints in the dryer on high heat. At least I got it on sale, but still...it was one of my favorite shirts.

[​IMG]

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Hmm.. if I don't shrink my Lacoste shirts, they are too long and too wide. I like it when they end just below the belt line.

7. heartworm

heartworm Senior member

Give it to your girlfriend. My girlfriend looks pretty hot in Lacoste shirts, though it may depend on the girls bodytype.