• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AllSaints coming to Union Square, SF

fdbaker

Reaction score
From The Chronicle:

In Union Square, AllSaints, a 70-store British clothing chain that opened its first U.S. store in New York in June, is scheduled to take over the former Prada location at 140 Geary St. in October.

"The consumer traffic is diverse with stylish and sophisticated shoppers," said Paul McAdam, AllSaints' North American CEO, explaining the company's San Francisco choice. Expect the upper range of Union Square prices for what has been described as "beautiful tailoring in fine silks, next to skinny jeans and rock leather jackets." Along with styles also described as "a little bit goth," as befits its skull-like logo.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0wFP2gLD0

Mountains

Reaction score
****'s expensive at retail. Made in China and whatnot.

Think of it as a mass-market version of Rick Owens.

I recently copped a few cardigans from their online sale, so we'll see how they hold up.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
****'s expensive at retail. Made in China and whatnot.

Think of it as a mass-market version of Rick Owens.

I recently copped a few cardigans from their online sale, so we'll see how they hold up.

This is a little misleading, it's more like fast-fashion that focuses on a slightly grungey aesthetic amidst drapey fashiony knits and military influences, though there is workwear type **** and even some trad-ish **** in there too.

chroMe

Reaction score
Think russell brand style, urg.

as_

Reaction score
The lookbook model's hair makes me want to **** my throat.

nsimp

Reaction score
I own a slim fit polo, a cardigan, and a tshirt from All Saints. All have held up extremely well over the past year and a half that I've had them. I personally love the brand, aside from the graphic t's (they're atrocious), but it's all slim fit and my style.

And no, don't buy at retail, wait for sales. They have a big sale going on right now, about to kop a sweater and maybe a jacket this weekend.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who cares about quality would never set foot in that store. I went to the one in Miami and the only redeeming quality was the decor. I touched a shirt and felt like it was going to dissolve in my hands. Also who ever compared there stuff to Rick Owens is clueless.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they staple their sneakers?
devil.gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Also who ever compared there stuff to Rick Owens is clueless.
There's no denying All Saints has a Rick aesthetic running through their knits and leather jackets.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who cares about quality would never set foot in that store. I went to the one in Miami and the only redeeming quality was the decor. I touched a shirt and felt like it was going to dissolve in my hands. Also who ever compared there stuff to Rick Owens is clueless.

ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Rye GB
There's no denying All Saints has a Rick aesthetic running through their knits and leather jackets.

lol absolutely true, and it's not like RO is known for quality construction.
facepalm.gif

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure there are some things that look similar to some of his styles but there is no exact copy's. Also I doubt his quality is as bad as allsaints. I bought a pair of shorts from them a while ago and washed like it said on the directions. They lost about 4 shades of color and my sink was stained for a few days. You shouldnt have to go through that to wash a pair of shorts espeacially when you pay $80 for them.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
who ever compared there stuff to Rick Owens is clueless.
there are some things that look similar to some of his styles
Damn you backpedal like a champ.

Would need to see the stuff in person, leathers look blackscissors level.

Pinhas

Reaction score
I like thier boots; prob get a pair for thier fall. Any opinions on quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads