1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AllSaints Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mmadha, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mmadha

mmadha Senior member

Anyone here ever purchase clothes from AllSaints? I like the way some of their apparel looks and it is one of the few brands within my budget (along the lines of JCrew, Gap, BR, etc.). However, can anyone speak on the quality or fit of their clothing.

2. racknac

racknac Senior member

i think their fit is slimmer than the other companies you mentioned, definitely a lot more hipster... quality... made in China. Wouldn't really meet SF standards.

3. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I have a cotton sweater and a cardigan from AllSaints. The fit is pretty legit, really slim through the arms especially. I haven't really worn them enough to speak to their quality, but my impression is that they aren't a good value at the retail prices but when they're on sale (which they always seem to be on the website) it's worth it.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

this has been discussd ad nauseam, but the fit is generally slim, and the quality is poor to average. about the same as gap/br/ any other mall brand. on sale it's fine for filling in wardrobe holes or whatever, but don't expect any of it to last through heavy wear.

5. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

If you have the chance, stop by the store in SoHo.

I've tried on their stuff; the fits are great. I can't say the same about the quality, especially at that price point.

6. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

I got a all saints leather jacket as a gift. shitty quality... got rips in the leather after two weeks of average use...lame. Those jackets have a serious case of "looks great in a photo...less so in person" I got caught in snow with it and it became permanently discolored which leads me to believe its been heavily dyed (beyond the normal tanning).
    after the experience with that jacket....I vowed to *never* wear cheap leather ever again.

7. cromulated

cromulated Senior member

fast fashion, good if you want the goth ninja look on a mcdonald's budget

8. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

So All-Saints leather jackets aren't worth the price... Hmmm I def want a leather jacket and there were some AS on sales for close to $300. Is it worth it at that price?

Also, anyone know where I can get some of their accessories? Like necklaces?

9. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

it all looks ok on their web page but in person it's just total joke. And their shirts have the weirdest cuts I've ever seen. Slim sleeves, slim waist, well fitting in the shoulders but low armholes so any movement where my hand goes up more than 45 degrees is just impossible and absolutelly uncomfortable.

10. drum

drum Senior member

Wouldn't buy anything from them even on sale, some shirts and boots I tried didn't last longer than a month, and I don't exactly thrash my stuff. I'd much rather pay double the price for something that actually lasts.

11. grit

grit Senior member

A couple things to add: AllSaints has giant end-of-season sales, like in the range of 60-70% off - I would wait for those. On discount, some of their basics might be worthwhile, because they have some of that drapey/moody stuff you can't find anywhere else. I have a pair of AllSaints boots, resoled with a vibram sole so that they last, and they fulfill a function well.

12. Desi

Desi Senior member

I got caught in snow with it and it became permanently discolored which leads me to believe its been heavily dyed (beyond the normal tanning).
    after the experience with that jacket....I vowed to *never* wear cheap leather ever again.

this guys is why you should look up the weather each day.

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Quality is pretty much H&M level, prices aren't. Fit is cut with teenage boys in mind - fine if you're relatively narrow in the shoulder and slim in the body. Okayish at final sale prices.

14. lacunae123

lacunae123 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I bought 3-4 buttondowns from them last spring when they had their 60% off sale, and they've been holding up fine - especially a chambray that's about 2x as thick as, say, GAP's, triple-stitched, etc. Definitely not bad on discount, and some of their details are nice.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

its definitely not all H&M level quality, but certain items are more likely to not hold up as well. That's the nature of all fast fashion stuff, though. The whole idea behind this type of stuff is that you keep buying seasonally. so don't expect to keep it for years and such.

16. ciano2121

ciano2121 New Member

i think you are mixing up quality with durability its not the same at all. you have to look at what the item is made of before purchasing or wearing time and time again and throwing on your floor... then look at the price.

17. autoscratch

autoscratch New Member

stupid thing is that they don't produce a lot of the same stuff...

This jacket in of this guitarist for example:

(Replica Leather Biker) is my favouritet but they won't produce em anymore. Sure they tried but its not the same jacket.

Really fancy the jacket, anyone who knows where to get it let me know, I love the quality, not to last but that gives it the special touch ;)

18. Char1ie

Char1ie New Member

The look is supposed to be worn in so dont be cheap and expect it to last forever... its seasonal, hence the large sales each season. On that note, the quality is way better than H&M's Chinese BS.... Allsaints uses Italian cotton and most of their stuff is made in Portugal.

19. Angus Banks

Angus Banks New Member

Hey,
    I am currently selling the Cargo Leather jacket. New with tags if you are interested. chuck me a message :) size M

20. Rony

Rony New Member

Hello,

Lately (04 /2015) I bought a jacket on Broadway All Saints shop, the price was 650 $.
    When I came to France I watched on their website, and I have been surprised when I saw the price 398 €.

Either the European consumer pay cheaper or it's American's consumer who pay too much?

But I'm very disappointed to know i will have to save 250 € buying in France.