• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alligator wallet

manouche

Reaction score
How much would you pay for a good Alligator wallet?

What color would you choose?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just gave me an alligator credit card holder for X-mas. I paid EUR 100 for it.
They came in a lot of lovely colours. I was inclined to choose the orange one, but while I was standing there choosing, the salesguy asked me if I wanted his advice. I said, yes. He said, listen, this is a kind of thing that you want to be "flashy", that is the whole point about it. So I would take the orange one.
So I did.
My wife didn´t like it because she felt sorry for the alligator.
The brand was Tardini, by the way.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by manouche

1. Depending on which part of the alligator used, ie. back spine or belly, age of alligator, whether its 1 entire piece or joined, how well its joined and whether the inside and outside of the wallet is made of alligator hide.

2. Yup. Agree with epa. The flashier the better.

erdavis

Reaction score
Well if you get one that is too outrageous it can be almost cartoon like. I think you have to balance color against its function as well.

Would James Bond pull out an orange wallet?

PS: Right now I am also struggling with the orange vs. tame colors dilema as well. :-(

F475

Reaction score
Go for it, get the most expensive one you can find. Be sure to post pics of the wallet and sales receipt to impress everyone with your good taste and ostentatiousness.
Not sure about color. Most alligators I have seen are pretty much the same color. Are there other colors?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got three dust with my alligator wallet...the alligator didn't shower.
What should I do?

Regards.

F475

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I got three dust with my alligator wallet...the alligator didn't shower.
What should I do?

Regards.

Aah.. I think you are referring to the infamous "dust" under the Rolex sub crystal.
That actually was NOT dust. Our dear colleague Madouche has since discovered it's true provenance.
It was actually a frog pube. You know, much smaller hardware, hence smaller pubes.
lol8[1].gif

rimshot.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manouche

No less than $7,000 USD and probably no more than $25,000. For the color: bright yellow, maybe orange.

I'll tell you what, I will find you a nice wallet that meets your requirements. Wire me the money and I will be your personal shopper so you needn't be surrounded by Suburbians at the mall.

It is a win-win situation. No hassle for you, money for me!

mert54

Reaction score
$500 is fair, any less and it is Korean crap. just buy a black one.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red, from April in Paris.

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Preferably with solid gold corners.

Why ?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
I just gave me an alligator credit card holder for X-mas. I paid EUR 100 for it.
They came in a lot of lovely colours. I was inclined to choose the orange one, but while I was standing there choosing, the salesguy asked me if I wanted his advice. I said, yes. He said, listen, this is a kind of thing that you want to be "flashy", that is the whole point about it. So I would take the orange one.
So I did.
My wife didn´t like it because she felt sorry for the alligator.
The brand was Tardini, by the way.

are you serious?

did you really get a tardini wallet?

I had gotten a tardini belt, and didnt like their quality work. I really dont like my special leathers "pieced" together

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads